A dramatic road winds steeply down through dry, rocky canyons toward the oasis of the Ma'In hot springs and waterfalls, near the Dead Sea. Ma'n is just 30 km southwest of Madaba, but the road is steep and winding. The water in the springs here, 250 meters below sea level, is naturally heated to temperatures that can reach between 40 and 60 degrees Celcius, and it's said that King Herod bathed in the mineral rich waters to help his skin. There are several public waterfalls as well as the luxurious resort, the Evason Ma'In Hot Springs & Six Senses Spa.
Ma'In at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe