Once you cross into Jordan from Eilat, shared taxis are available on the Jordanian side of the border to take you into Aqaba, where you can rent a car or take the bus to Petra if the scheduling is right. A shared taxi to Aqaba costs about JD 10, which is divided among the passengers. If your time in Petra is limited, consider taking the faster but costlier private taxi, which will run you JD 45 to JD 50; be prepared to negotiate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's