- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The restaurant at Hotel Montefiore serves modern brasserie fare, throwing in a few Vietnamese touches for good measure. Main dishes include baked fish with tomatoes and olive oil, grilled lamb chops, and sirloin steak with wild mushrooms. The dining room is in a lovingly restored home on Montefiori Street in the heart of historic Tel Aviv. The white walls, potted plants, and slatted wooden blinds—even the silver-plated sugar servers selected by co-owner Ruthie Brouda—evoke old-world colonial days. The impeccable service, well-prepared food, and interesting wine list compare very favorably with the city's more expensive restaurants.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more