- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zichron Ya'akov, the country’s first moshava, or cooperative farming community, was founded in 1882 with the help of Baron Edmond de Rothschild. From the beginning, it centered on its vineyards and large winery. A visit to the charming town should start on its main street, Hameyasdim, a cobblestone pedestrian mall lined with small, restored, red-roofed, 19th-century homes. Pick up a town map in the tourist office at the entrance to the town.
Zichron Ya'akov at a Glance
Elsewhere in Haifa and the Northern Coast
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe