- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Maayan Habira Review
If you're looking for meat with a capital M, you've found the place. The decor is informal: beer kegs are piled up in a corner; the walls are covered with photos of glowing restaurant reviews and a mural of the customers painted by an art student in 1989. The Romanian family-run business has been around since 1962; today Reuven and his son Shlomi do the excellent cooking. To start, savor chopped liver, jellied calf's foot, gefilte fish, or oxtail soup. Then go to work on delectable pork spareribs or goose or beef pastrami, which they smoke themselves. As befits a place whose name means the "beer spring," an impressive selection of imported beers is on tap. In summer, diners sit outside and enjoy live music. It's usually a lunch place, but Tuesday night it's open for dinner.
- Address: 4 Nathanson St., Downtown, Haifa, 33031
- Phone: 04/862–3193
- Location: Haifa
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sat. No dinner Wed.–Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We are two couples in our 60's and 70's who never visited Israel, but have traveled extensively in other countries on our own. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more