Haifa and the Northern Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Caesarea: Originally built by Herod the Great, these 2,000-year-old Roman ruins occupy a strategic spot on the sea. They include Byzantine bathhouses and Crusader moats.
Baha'i Gardens: In Haifa, this unforgettable series of gardens tumbles down from Mt. Carmel into 19 terraces that enclose a gold-domed shrine.
Underground Akko: At this fascinating archaeological site, you can descend into Crusader knights’ halls, navigate a secret tunnel toward the sea, and rest in a Turkish bathhouse.
Glorious beaches: The coast means beaches, and this is Israel's finest stretch of golden sand. Haifa's beaches are particularly beautiful. Scuba diving or paragliding are options.
Great wine: Taste and toast internationally known wines at the many wineries nestled into the hillsides of the northern coast. Tishbi and Carmel are especially worth visiting.Updated: 11-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's