When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
October through May is the best time to explore the Negev. In early March, scarlet, bright yellow, white, and hot pink desert flowers burst out against the brown desert earth; March is also when Eilat's International Bird-watchers' Festival takes place. In January and February, it's dry and cold, especially at night. Scorching-hot conditions prevail in the summer, from June through September, though it's very dry, and locals claim this is the "sleeper season" to be here: no humidity, cool nights, less crowds, and easier availability at desirable hotels, restaurants, and venues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's