- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Iberotel has the least expensive direct Nile views in Luxor
- good location for strolling along the Nile to Luxor Temple and the Downtown area
- dining and bar service is slow
- the pro-smoking crowd holds public areas, especially the bar, hostage
Check Rates from our Partners
Ideally situated at the southern end of the Luxor Corniche, this rather uninspiring tower-block building combines a Nile-front address and sufficient conveniences to keep European tour groups coming back. There's just enough of the right stuff to maintain a four-star rating, and not one frill more. Rooms, accessed from an atrium, are compact but adequately furnished, decorated in warm reds and creams. Rooms overlooking the street or the atrium are much cheaper (you pay a €30 premium for a Nile view). The swimming pool, alas, is on a tacky pontoon floating on the Nile. Thanks to a bounty of flowering trees among the dining and sunning terraces, the pool doesn't have to be a distraction.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more