- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
If you want to travel between Cairo and Alexandria by bus, Super Jet and the West Delta Bus Company run air-conditioned deluxe buses every half hour from around 5 am to midnight. Tickets cost E35. Buses depart Cairo from Maydan Abdel Monem Riyad under the overpasses in front of the Ramses Hilton and take up to three hours, depending on traffic. Or you can depart from Almaza Station in Heliopolis or the station in Giza. They drop you off behind Sidi Gabr railway station in an Alexandria suburb, where they in turn depart for Cairo. The railway station is between Downtown and Montazah, so you need to take a taxi from the station to get to either place.
Go Bus. 02/2342-5143 in Cairo; 03/420-5290 in Alexandria.
Super Jet. 02/2575-1313 in Cairo; 03/543-5222 in Alexandria.
West Delta Bus Company. 02/2575-9751 in Cairo; 03/480-9685 in Alexandria.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's