Your Best Packing Tips: Flying with the 3-1-1 Rule
Your turn – what are your tips for packing liquids in your carry-on?Photo Credit: Jet Set Girls Weekender Kit courtesy 3floz.com
Member Comments (7) Post a Comment
Agree with BuffCrone - towelettes are the way to go. (Liquid hand santizers are a no no on internal flights in China because they contain alcohol.) Even sample perfume bottles have leaked - save the perfume sachet samples that come in magazines - wipe on the wrists and behind the ear lobes and you'll smell grand!
Tiny jars are wonderful things! I don't need an entire 3oz bottle of face lotion, just a dab each day. A tiny jar takes up about 1/4 of the space and saves a bit of weight. Since buying a pack of a dozen different size tiny jars at WalMart, I've found 100 uses for them!
Two tiny toothpaste tubes often fit in a ziplock easier than a larger 2-3oz tube.
I was sick of the dry skin from hand sanitizers. So I've become addicted to Herban Essentials, which are antibacterial towelettes with amazing scents. I wipe my hands and then use them to wipe of the arm of the airplane seat and the tray table. Then everything smells nice and is a least a little bit cleaner. And since they are towelettes, they don't have to go in the plastic bag, as hand sanitizer does. I tuck them into my coat pocket, purse, briefcase, and use one every time I am sitting in a public place, or touching something (like an escalator) that exposes me to germs! I can't tell you how much they have helped me avoid getting sick during travel. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=herban+essentials+towelettes&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4388062005&ref=pd_sl_649sljtg72_e
on Sep 12, 11 at 05:46 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Any other carry-on products that you don't leave home without?
I tried toothpaste tablets!
These are the kind of useful tips that travelers need - good job!
Instead of bringing a bottle of cologne I bring a couple of sample size colognes that I've received from a purchase to cut down on liquids and weight.
Container Store carries many of the small travel bottles.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board