Fodor's Expert Review Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas, 76041, USA
Even inside this massive hotel you feel like you're outside (minus the Texas weather). Glass rooftops allow natural light to fill the climate-controlled space, filled with indoor gardens (4.5 acres worth), bodies of water, and region-specific architecture. The atmosphere is festive, especially on weekends, when guests and gawkers stroll through the common areas, shop, dine, and enjoy various live entertainment options. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is about 5 mi south of the complex.
- all-inclusive means plenty of dining, drinking, and entertainment options
- ground floor offers condensed overview of Texas
- convention-friendly property means massive crowds
- removed from most Dallas-Fort Worth attractions
- dining options are expensive