Newport County and East Bay

We’ve compiled the best of the best in Newport County and East Bay - browse our top choices for the top things to see or do during your stay.

Sort by: 47 Recommendations {{numTotalPoiResults}} {{ (numTotalPoiResults===1)?'Recommendation':'Recommendations' }} 0 Recommendations
  • 1. International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum


    Tennis fans and lovers of history, art, and architecture will enjoy a visiting the birthplace of American tournament tennis. The renovated museum...Read More

  • 2. Marble House

    Historic Home

    One of the most opulent of the Newport mansions, Marble House contains 500,000 cubic feet of marble. The house was built from 1888 to 1892 by...Read More

    View Tours and Activities
  • 3. Rough Point

    Historic Home

    Tobacco heiress and preservationist Doris Duke furnished her 39,000-square-foot English manorial–style house at the southern end of Bellevue...Read More

  • 4. The Breakers

    Historic Home

    The 70-room summer estate of Cornelius Vanderbilt II, president of the New York Central Railroad, was built in 1895. Architect Richard Morris...Read More

    View Tours and Activities
  • 5. The Elms

    Historic Home

    Architect Horace Trumbauer modeled this graceful 48-room French neoclassical home and its grounds after the Château d'Asnières near Paris. The...Read More

  • 6. Touro Synagogue

    Religious Building/Site/Shrine

    In 1658, more than a dozen Jewish families, whose ancestors had fled Spain and Portugal during the Inquisition, founded a congregation in Newport...Read More

  • 7. Audrain Automobile Museum


    The museum's collection includes more than 160 rare, fully restored automobiles dating from the early 20th century to the present. The selection...Read More

  • 8. Blithewold Mansion, Gardens, and Arboretum


    Starting with a sea of daffodils in April, this 33-acre estate on Bristol Harbor blooms all the way to fall. Highlights include fragrant pink...Read More

  • 9. Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyard


    White, red, and dessert wines are all in the portfolio of this winery founded in 1975. If you've ever wondered what a Rhode Island Pinot Noir...Read More

  • 10. Chateau-sur-Mer

    Historic Home

    Built in 1852 as an Italianate-style villa for William Shepard Wetmore, a merchant in the China Trade, Chateau-sur-Mer was Newport's first grand...Read More

  • 11. Chepstow

    Historic Home

    Though not as grand as other Newport mansions, this Italianate-style villa with a mansard roof houses a remarkable collection of art and furniture...Read More

  • 12. Cliff Walk


    See the backyards of Newport's famous oceanfront Gilded Age mansions while strolling along this 3½-mile public walkway. The designated National...Read More

  • 13. Colony House

    Historic Home

    Completed in 1741, this National Historic Landmark on Washington Square was the center of political activity in Colonial Newport. The Declaration...Read More

  • 14. Common Burial Ground


    Among those buried in this graveyard, which dates to the 17th century, are several governors, a Declaration of Independence signatory, famous...Read More

  • 15. Easton's Beach


    A ¾-mile-long surfing beach, Easton's has a boardwalk, vintage carousel, aquarium, and playground. Public facilities include restrooms, indoor...Read More

  • 16. Fort Adams State Park


    The largest coastal fortification in the United States can be found at this park, which hosts Newport's folk and jazz festivals and sailing...Read More

  • 17. Fort Wetherill State Park

    Park (National/State/Provincial)

    This outcropping of stone cliffs at the tip of the southeastern peninsula has 26 picnic tables and walking paths with scenic overlooks. A fort...Read More

  • 18. Gray's Ice Cream


    A summertime pilgrimage destination for people from every corner of the state, this ice cream stop that's been around since 1923 sells more...Read More

  • 19. Great Friends Meeting House

    Religious Building/Site/Shrine

    The oldest house of worship in Rhode Island reflects the quiet reserve and steadfast faith of Colonial Quakers, who gathered here to discuss...Read More

  • 20. Green Animals Topiary Garden


    Fanciful animals, a sailing ship, and geometric shapes populate this large topiary garden on a Victorian estate that served as the summer residence...Read More

No sights Results

Please try a broader search, or expore these popular suggestions:

There are no results for {{ strDestName }} Sights in the searched map area with the above filters. Please try a different area on the map, or broaden your search with these popular suggestions:

Around the Web