Fodor's Expert Review Orleans Club

Uptown House/Mansion/Villa

This sumptuous mansion was built in 1868 as a wedding gift from Colonel William Lewis Wynn to his daughter. The side building, on the uptown side of the main building, is an auditorium added in the 1950s. The house is closed to the public, but serves as headquarters to a ladies' social club and hosts many debutante teas and wedding receptions.

House/Mansion/Villa Building/Architectural Site

Quick Facts

5005 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, Louisiana  70115, USA

What’s Nearby