Canada's electrical capabilities and outlet types are no different from those in the United States. Residents of the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand will need adapters to type A (not grounded) or type B (grounded) plugs. Voltage in Canada is 110, which differs from the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. Newer appliances should be fine, but check with the manufacturer and buy a voltage converter if necessary.

Previous Travel Tip

Customs and Duties

Next Travel Tip


Trending Stories


Find a Hotel


Fodor's Toronto: with Niagara Falls & the Niagara Wine Region

View Details