Top Reasons to Go
- Whale-watching: Double the fun of the Bay of Fundy by getting out onto the water to view several types of whales, plus seals, porpoises, and seabirds.
- Acadian culture: Attractions such as Le Pays de la Sagouine or Acadian Historical Village on the Acadian Coastal Drive portray the French heritage of the region. Hear the distinctive accent at Dieppe Farmers’ Market.
- Food and drink: Enjoy freshly caught salmon, scallops, and lobster, organic produce and meat (including buffalo) from local farms, and some highly regarded local wines and craft beers.
- Hiking: New Brunswick's provincial and national parks have amazing hiking trails and plenty of great spots to contemplate the gorgeous scenery or watch birds from an ocean cliff.
- Swimming: New Brunswick is blessed with beaches, rivers, and lakes; you can choose from water that's cold or warm, fresh or salty, on long sandy shores or in intimate coves.