Luzern and Central Switzerland Sights

We’ve compiled the best of the best in Luzern and Central Switzerland - browse our top choices for the top things to see during your stay.

Browse Sights

View All 29

(29 out of 29 results)

Fodor's Choice


View All 32

Luzern 16

Stans 4

Schwyz 3

Zug 2

Andermatt 1

The Tellskapelle 1

Burglen 1

Altdorf 1

Rutli Meadow 1

Weggis 1

Mt. Pilatus 1

Show More +

View All 32

Arts/ Performance Venue 1

Bridge/ Tunnel 2

Building/ Architectural Site 1

Convention Center 1

Geological Site 1

Government Building 3

Historic District/ Site 2

House/ Mansion/ Villa 1

Memorial/ Monument/ Tomb 1

Military Site 1

Mountain–Sight 4

Museum/ Gallery 8

Plaza/ Square/ Piazza 1

Public Art (Mural/ Sculpture/ Statue) 2

Religious Building/ Site/ Shrine 5

Viewpoint/ Scenic Overlook 4

Show More +
Best For

View All 10

Family 5

Luzern and Central Switzerland Sights

Showing 29 out of 29 Results

Filter Results
Clear All Filters

Sort By:

  • Alphabetical
  • Fodor's Choice

Altes Rathaus

  • Government Building

In 1606 the town council held its first meeting in this late-Renaissance-style building, built between 1602 and 1606. It still meets...


  • Building/Architectural Site

The panorama was the IMAX theater of the 19th century; its sweeping, wraparound paintings brought to life scenes of epic proportions.


  • Museum/Gallery

See the beautifully scripted and sealed original oath of allegiance, as well as battle flags and paintings of the period, in Schwyz's...


  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Since its construction in the 13th century, this church has been persistently remodeled. It still retains its 17th-century choir stalls...


  • Museum/Gallery

This tourist attraction, excavated between 1872 and 1875, shows stones that have been dramatically pocked and polished by Ice Age glaciers.

Historisches Museum

  • Museum/Gallery

Housed in the late-Gothic armory dating from 1567, this stylish institution exhibits numerous city icons, including the original Gothic...


  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

This sanctuary of St. Leodegar was first part of a monastery founded in 750. Its Gothic structure was mostly destroyed by fire in 1633...


  • House/Mansion/Villa

Schwyz has several notable baroque churches and a large number of fine old patrician homes dating from the 17th and 18th centuries, not...


  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Constructed in 1666–1677, this baroque church with a symmetrical entrance is flanked by two onion-dome towers, added in 1893. Inside,...


  • Bridge/Tunnel

The oldest wooden bridge in Europe snakes diagonally across the Reuss. When it was constructed in the early 14th century, the bridge...


Book A Trip



  • CARS