Fodor's Expert Review Golden Reef Inn
Kaya Den Haag 7, Hato, Bonaire
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
This low-rise lemon-sherbet-hue complex offers comfy rooms and a genuinely intimate feel. Though it is not directly on a beach, the facilities of nearby Eden Beach are available to guests, and diving expeditions leave directly from the hotel. Cozy rooms are homey and offer a surprising range of amenities, from complimentary breakfast supplies in the fridge to a nice supply of reading materials. Owner Liz Ginocchio takes pains to ensure that guests are comfortable and even takes care of airline arrangements and car rentals on behalf of arriving guests. Her stated policy is "guests first, paperwork after."
- almost unbeatable price and friendly service
- virtually any tour or dive can be arranged by the front office
- rooms are fully self-contained
- rates include all taxes
- free meet-and-greet at airport
- free Wi-Fi
- grounds have little landscaping
- basic dining and bar facilities
- not on ocean
Rate Includes: Free breakfast