Fodor's Expert Review Booklovers B&B
123 Pirie St.
Local author Jane Tolerton has set up house in a Victorian villa in sunny Mount Victoria and, true to her passion, has lined the hallway with books. The three en suite rooms are comfortable and homey. Jane serves hot breakfast and a steady supply of homemade cookies. If you want to work off the calories, Booklovers doesn’t just enjoy close proximity to the city's bright lights—it’s also close by the green belt and Lord of the Rings walking trail.
- <PRO>walkable to virtually all the city attractions</PRO>
- <PRO>free off-street parking and Wi-Fi</PRO>
- <PRO>comfortable homey vibe</PRO>
- <CON>due to Jane's writing commitments personal service may not always be available</CON>
- <CON>decor is a bit tired</CON>
- <CON>lots of street noise</CON>
Rate Includes: Breakfast, Credit cards accepted, Closed May–Aug.