Fodor's Expert Review Cicada Lodge
Each of the stylish air-conditioned rooms at Cicada Lodge has a private balcony overlooking Katherine Gorge, is decorated with Aboriginal artwork, and comes with breakfast as well as complimentary canapés and cocktails at sunset. Enjoy fine dining in the restaurant, relax by the small-yet-charming private pool, or have the staff arrange unique adventures in the Gorge next door, such as a helicopter ride to a remote waterhole or a guided rock art tour with a local Jawoyn guide (additional charges apply).
- great location close to Katherine Gorge activities
- excellent food and service
- complimentary drinks and snacks each evening
- on the expensive side
- tours and meals other than breakfast cost extra
- views of the gorge can vary greatly depending on the time of year
Rate Includes: Free Breakfast, Closed for 1 month during wet season, usually mid-Feb.--mid-Mar.