Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone heard from Rocco lately?

Or has he already left for Zambia?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:56 AM

Have been wondering the same thing myself.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:59 AM

Yep, I keep in email contact with him, all is well, he is busy enjoying life and planning his trip/perhaps even on it now.

Matt
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM

BRING ROCCO BACK, This forum is getting boring
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:54 AM

And Jasher!!
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM

Yes Jasher as well!
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM

Yes! I do miss Rocco and Julian's reports and fun info on all things safari (and boxing, and hats, and clothes, and...)

I've left messages on Roccos' cell phone and emailed him as recently as yesterday, but no response. I thought his trip back to Africa was in July. Anyone else having better luck?

Jim
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:37 PM

For your dose of jasher you should visit TripAdvisor.
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Jim

That's why I started this post. He's been a hard man to track down of late. :-\
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:49 AM

I've sent him a few emails, regarding a booking, over the last six weeks but I've had no response.
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM

I was wondering if anyone was having this issue. I have a trip booked with him for July and he is not responding. I am having to talk directly to lodges for final payment which is already over a month past due. At this point I am trying to get my initial payment back from him as he is providing no value. I would not suggest anyone else book with him.

Debbie
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Hi Debbie

I'm in the same boat. My email address is [email protected] if you'd like to talk/share this.
Cheers
Marc
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:42 AM

Hi! I was considering contacting Rocco for my trip since he seemed so knowledgeable about Zambia and he is in California like us, but it sounds like you haven't had a good experience...would you mind telling me a bit more about what happened? This trip is probably the most expensive we have ever taken and I don't want to make a mistake!!

Moira
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:13 AM

Last I heard Rocco was going to Mexico for Memorial day weekend?

Anyway, an email from me (offering support) went unanswered too.

I do not know where some of you are traveling to, but in East Africa you will lose your July accommodations unless paid in full about 45 days out (about now). Rooms are tough to get and the waiting lists are long.

You may want to post your itineries here and many of us can try and help.

On a more personal level, should we be concerned about him? It is so unlike the man we know.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM

you should check directly with the lodges you booked to see if they got the initial deposit. if so, they should be able to finish up the booking for you or recommend another agent to finalize your trip. I wouldn't waste any more time waiting to hear from Rocco, as climbhigh says you may lose your booking.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks to all. I started communicating with the lodges about a month ago after Rocco was not helping me out with the final payment. I told him I would not pay him after his taking weeks to respond to me but would wire the money directly to the camps. They have been very helpful and I expect to do that this week.

I don't know if I have any recourse on the initial deposit, he told me that is primarily where he gets his commission so apparently he is less concernced with this final payment and actually paying the camps. I understand he is going through some personal issues so I have really hesitated to post much on here regarding his lack of response but I certainly don't want anyone else to be put in the same position I am in.

Very frustrating.

Debbie
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM

if he did pay the camps with the first deposit, what recourse would you have? if he didn't pay them anything, then you'd have some recourse. Don't forget to check on your transportation also to make sure he made those reservations and payments(in country air, land transit etc.) Sorry this happened and hope it works out for all of you who are in the same situation with Rocco.
I checked the L.A. area papers and nothing tragic happened to him.
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:26 AM

You are right that no flights have been booked either but the camps are helping me with that and land transfers so I am sure I can get it all worked out it but not with the same peace of mind I was hoping for.

I have booked a Safari to Botswana a few years ago but wasn't able to go and the difference between their professionalism and Rocco's was night and day so I was a bit wary from the beginning. Should have trusted my instincts.
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Debbie, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this!!! Hopefully your safari will end up being all that you wanted and more, but it sure is a bad way to have to get an education in booking your own safari.
Suzi
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM

I once found myself in a similar situation when I unexpectedly had to do all the bookings for a Zambian safari for myself. Looking back it was a great and very positive experience. All the camp operators were very kind and helpful, bookings of internal flights and road transfers were no problem at all, and the safari went smooth and was fantastic. It also put the whole trip on a more personal level - not only knowing staff at the camps but also management and sales people at camp HQs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -