Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone used EurAide (in FL) to buy train tix?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need couchette reservations for a group of 7 this summer, and want to make sure I buy them in advance and don't get locked out.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Euraide? Are they reputable? Is it legit that they get tickets from Germany and mail them back? How long did it take? Did you get what you asked for?
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:28 PM

I've read at least a couple of frequent posters have used that agency. I think the FL office is an arm of the German company.
http://www.euraide.com/

If you type euraide into the search you'll probably get some hits.
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM

I used Euraide FL in 2005 to purchase a seat on the Cisalpano train out of Milan and then the connection on the CityNightLine to Amsterdam.

It was very important for me to take this train as they are both wonderful trains and we were going along way and I wanted it to be as luxurious as possible.

I spoke with Herman at 941-480-1555 in FL. I don't know if this number is current. He purchased my tickets and had them mailed to me well before my trip and it made it all stress free. Like you I was afraid I wouldn't get the connection I wanted.

He was very nice. Everything was to my satisfaction. I got what I wanted. Don't know the exact cost, but it was probably $35.00 to do this over and above the price of the four tickets I purchased.
Old May 5th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Is there a reason you aren't buying them directly from the German train website?
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/internatio...l_guests.shtml
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:03 AM
ira

HI B,

I have used euraide several times, and have had no problems.

I found them to be very helpful.

You get the same price as if you bought the tickets in Germany + S&H.

Old May 6th, 2007, 07:02 AM

Know little about Euraide but have read several favorable posts here... and Ira's endorsement speaks volumes about the company's positives.

But rather than saying Euraide's US office is an arm of the German company i believe the German arm is a branch of the American company, founded in Illinois i believe and then somehow got the DB or German Railways to allow or pay them to open an information office in Munich's main station to help Eurail travelers... evolving into today where they do like Ira says. Could be a German company today but was at least once an American company in Napierville IL origins i believe but not sure.
Old May 6th, 2007, 07:56 AM

They are legit but if you buy directly on the Bahn site the tickets will be mailed directly to you also and I am not sure there is an S+H fee to deal with.
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Had a great experience booking many tickets throughout various countries. Very helpful staff, answering the many questions I had. Prompt service in getting me my tickets (which I believe had an Illinois return address on them even though they were clearly purchased in Germany).