Reload this Page >

New webpage travelogue!

Search

New webpage travelogue!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Dina

New webpage travelogue!

My husband and I recently returned from a 7-week trip through 5 European countries, plus Egypt.<BR>Events on 9-11 put a different sort of spin on our first trip overseas, a delayed honeymoon plus adventure.<BR>I've put together the first 4 travelogue installments, webpages with lots of text and lots of pictures. England---Brittany--Paris--Barcelona. Later I will add Provence, the Riviera, Italy, Greece, and Egypt. PLease let me know if you like them!<BR>Thank you all for your help!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Dina

Sorry, I forgot the URL! It is http://www.costumegoddess.com/england.htm<BR>From that page, the link at the bottom will lead you to the other pages and then back.<BR>

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Holly

What a fun report, Dina! Can't wait to see the Italy section.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 07:47 PM
John H

Nice job, Dina. Look forward to additions to it. What camera did u use for your pics? Was it digital, or did u scan web pics from photos that were developed and printed?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>John<BR><BR>john

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Dina

Thanks! Most of the photos on the travelogue were digital, with the exceptions being the two Salisbury photos, the top left and bottom right of the London photos, and the Las Ramblas festival photo in Barcelona, which is labeled so in the text. Those were from a disposible camera, and noticeably fuzzy. Of course, I used low-resolution, compressed files of the digital photos for the purposes of the webpage, but the originals were amazingly sharp.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 04:02 AM
s.fowler

Dina -- beautiful photos and a great travelogue May I link it to the "fodorite" wesite page?<BR><BR>Also -- could you share the information about how you found your apartment -- that's my favorite neighborhood -- my "home" winebar is just across the street from the photo of the art nouveau doorway on Ave. Rapp. -- it's called Sancerre and I highly recommend it to you and others

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Ess

Dina, I enjoyed your photos and travelogue. I found your reaction to the Gaudi cathedral very interesting. I've never been to Barcelona, so don't know what I would feel about it. But your photos certainly do seem to confirm your impressions.<BR><BR>I look forward to reading more of your trip. Thanks for taking the time to post your notes.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Dina

Sally, <BR>Sure, link the page. I got the apartment through Paris Bed and Breakfast: <BR>www.parisbandb.com<BR>The website pictures both hosted and unhosted rooms in private homes. Requests were made online, and an American agent phoned me back. It was only six weeks before the travel date. The districts I requested (Latin Quarter, Montmartre, or Marais) had no apartments vacant, but the agency recommended this one near the Eiffel Tower that they didn't have online yet. They sent me clear directions and answered all my questions. I paid the agency more than half of the total in advance, and the balance in cash to the host upon arrival. She met us at the appointed time and was very gracious. At the end of the stay, the guest is asked to fill out a form and rate their satisfaction with all aspects of the apartment. This was a bargain no matter how you look at it!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 04:58 AM
Julie

Great website. Nice mix of text and photos. I was impressed by how well you supported your reaction to the Sagrada Familia. It's one thing to react differently than the norm to an artistic work and another to be able to put into words why you feel that way. Though my reaction is different, I certainly found yours interesting and it put a new slant on the work for me. Thanks for your observations.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 05:14 AM
s.fowler

Thanks Dina -- I added it.<BR><BR>And thanks for the link for apartments. It looks great!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Paige

Great travel log and pictures! But I really want to see the pic of your husband and the bidet

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Dina

Paige, <BR>I wish I could show you! One so rarely sees the truly priceless moments of a trip captured for eternity. <BR>It's not that my husband doesn't know he looks good naked, but he feels the picture is a bit---undignified---for public viewing.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:08 AM
kavey

Dina<BR><BR>Nicely put together (though a bit of shock to see myself grinning back at me!)<BR><BR>Sooo pleased you had a great trip...<BR><BR>I am sure you learnt a lot from it, I think you mentioned it was your first trip to Europe (first trip outside Northern America?) and you really did it in style.<BR><BR>Please pass my regards to Blair.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:27 AM
anon

Nice travelogue! GREAT pictures. (I notice you took the "wear black" comments seriously!). But come on now, Dina or Kavey, let's hear a little dish: Did one or the other of you get a little crazy after a few drinks. Let's hear some dirt (in good fun of course).

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:46 AM
kavey

Sorry to disappoint!!!<BR><BR>We had an early evening, we went to the pub for drinks and dinner about 5.45 pm and left around 7.30 or 8.00 pm.<BR><BR>I can't remember what time but it was an early night!!!<BR><BR>But we had a lovely evening chatting!<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Dina

Well, Anon and Kavey, Blair and I DID get a little crazy, but we were well-bred enough to confine it to the privacy of our hotel room. The effects of wine + jetlag caused us to lose consciousness right after, though.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:08 PM

TTT

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:17 PM
JOdy

Wonderful site and report, if you were a first-timer as someone mentioned above you sure got it right the first time around! <BR>Looking forward to more and bookmarking it for a friend who is away now but will love the Brittany part as she's planning a trip in the spring! <BR><BR><BR>Kavey is one super lady, right!!!<BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Annette

Dina, you have done just an excellent job. Love it! Your humor is wonderful. I'm a Washingtonian, too, and chuckled to see someone poke a little fun at THE EGO who blows glass! And you're making me want to get a digital camera!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Good Friend

I have a good friend, Linda, who would be a great belly dancer. I'm going to send her your way. It could provide as interesting addition to her new business persona. She's really into travel, yet, very discipined. She develops habits well. Are these the traits necessary to be a highly successful belly dancer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -