Reload this Page >

ATTN: Big_Daddy, J. Correa, Kal, Utahtea, OliveOyl,

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:52 PM
14VK8SHN

I am a regular from fodors, way back, and enjoy the hell out of fun & banter at fodors, and I love the regulars most of all. How about short bios from everyone? Come on I'll come clean. ( I used to post under a few different names in past) For starters I am male, 46, Atlanta suburb, self/employed, absolutely love to travel, might go republican soon, married, not pets, hopeless fodorite. Oh yeah almost forgot, a wine junky!

Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:03 PM
14VK8SHN

And yes, yes!! , the one thing I have missed the most is the Union Sqaure bashers! They're baaaaack! I love it!!!

Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:04 PM
cd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there are more "regulars" then those you have mentioned. Are they the only ones 'worthy' of your attention?
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:06 PM
14VK8SHN

Absolutely not! notice I had a comma, You/We know who you are!

Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:24 PM
14VK8SHN

I may not qualify for "regular" but here goes: happily married male, Atlanta/Franklin NC, avid traveler, hate/fear flying, love to read, fodorite, Crown/7.

Old May 23rd, 2003, 07:20 PM

WOW, such an honor I can't pass up.

I'm Utahtea and I've been happily
married to my DH for 30 years. We have two sons that are grown. One is married and just made me a Grandma \/ for the very first time this month! My second son is engaged to be married and is moving out at the end of this month.

I'm a native Californian and I live in the S.F. Bay Area, California but I LOVE to vacation in Utah. My intials are TEA so that is how I came up with my signon name of Utah~tea.

I always use the same name on this and all the other message boards I frequent. OK, I confess I would sometimes use TTT to bring a message to the top before registration!

DH and I have been traveling all over the US and Canada for the last 30 years. The last 26 years in an RV of some kind. Tent, Van, tent-trailer, travel trailer and now a motorhome.

Here are my web sites:

http://www.utahtea.lithium.com/

http://pages.ivillage.com/utahtea2/

Utah~tea

Old May 23rd, 2003, 08:23 PM

Wow, thats a reply Utahtea! Being from San Francisco what is your take on the verbal war that is Union Square/downtown? (Another post that 14vk8shn is currently engaged in).
Old May 23rd, 2003, 08:34 PM

Smokyboy,

I live in the Bay Area but hardly ever go to San Francisco (I'm not a city girl) so I don't read those threads.

Utahtea
Old May 24th, 2003, 08:33 AM
GP

Hi my name is GP and I am a Fodorite!

male, 50, after 15 years still with 1st wife and traveling companion. Live in Humboldt county CA. near Eureka. on the staff for the state university up here(not a prof.)Have camped/traveled extensively in the west esp. the pacific coast into Mexico Enjoy wine campfires beaches.
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:21 AM

I'm a 32 yr old, stay-at-home mom, so am online frequently. I have a 3 yr old son, and am due with baby number 2 in 6 weeks. We live in San Diego, but I grew up in Cincinnati.

We haven't travelled as much as many others, but are working on it. I will admit I very much enjoy Disneyland and WDW, but by all means visit other places as well.
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:42 AM

I suppose I qualify as a (recent) regular in these spaces.

I'm 61, a divorced #39;( male living in a beach community of south Orange County, Calif 8-). I'm a retired police officer, have spent some time in the computer business, and am now a real estate agent and have a side business as a freelance photographer and writer.
I have two children, both living in southern Utah, and four grandsons >with another due in August.

While I was raising a family we owned a succession of RV's but now I devoutly believe "roughing it" is staying at the Marriott instead of the Ritz Carlton.

I have visited 48 of the 50 (missing North Dakota and Connecticut) states, traveled extensively in Asia and the South Pacific, and made brief visits to several countries in Europe.

I plan to retire in less than four years and then go on the road full time

I also enjoy many of the clever and witty comments posted on these threads.
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:51 AM

I consider myself a regular so here goes...

I'm a 45 year old female, school counselor/teacher. I am married to a school principal so we have summers to travel.

We love to travel in the Rockies and are drawn back there every year. We have a friend in Montana that takes us to wonderful places only a local would know.

We like to fish, hunt, hike, canoe, and we both ride a motorcycle.

We did a fly-in/rental RV trip to Alaska last year and would like do a cruise to Alaska to see more of the coast.

We usually tent camp so we can move faster and get to hard to reach places but we have taken the pop up once. We will probably move up to an RV as we get older.

My only child, a daughter, is a soon to be college honor graduate who also loves to travel. She spent last summer studying in London and visiting Europe.

We live in northeast Texas an hour east of Dallas.
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Syv

Hooked on Fodors...

40-yr-old (aaaaggghhh - have never actually seen that in print!) female, single, never married, no kids. Leaves me wide open to travel!!! ...if only money & time off work weren't an issue

From Ontario, Canada - went to university in South Carolina.

LOVE the southwest, Rockies. Trying to get to ALL the national parks. Been to Europe & Great Britain as well!
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:48 AM

Though I am not as 'regular' as most, I do post often. So here's the bio... F 43 living in SE Arkansas, medical dept mgr. Grandma x's 4, all girls, mother of two sons, one grown and married, obviously, other is mid teen. I was a child of the Air Force and lived everywhere. Now I travel at least 2-3 times a year, this year there will be 4 big trips, one with job. Will add the high plains states to lis of places I've been in about 10 days when we head for South Dakota. Love Fodors, takes me back to places I have been and want to share with others, and gives me ideas on where to go ie Wall SD. Thanks all.
Old May 24th, 2003, 11:10 AM

I'm a regular, and although not as good as the ones named in the original post, I GOTTA throw in my 2 cents!

I'm 50, live in Ohio beside a state lake, and will be celebrating 51 in New Orleans which is how in the first place I found this board and met one of the best guys ever in Kal. (....Ewwwwww, don't tell him I said that, his head swells something terrible.......) I managed to snag some of the best travel information from here and continue to do so regularly.

We're married with 2 adult kids and do limited traveling in the States. Lotsa trips to Florida, ('cause we're cold here and don't like old bones being cold!) and yearly visits to New Orleans. Whadda town, how can you not love it!?

We have two cats, three cars, two jobs and high hopes for early retirement. I love eBay and a "light breakfast" (in New Orleans that's considered a Bloody Mary.......sigh).

I work for a printing company that prints junk mail and NO, I can't take you off their list. Why would I want to do that, it's my income! At least you can win what's left of the sweepstakes, my poor family hasn't got a chance!

Thanks to everybody who has given me so much information and fun in the past and what will surely come up in the future.

Cindy

P.S. I didn't do any "cute" faces in my post, I guess that gets thrown in free - see you CAN win! (Sorry, that's a "junk mail" joke at work)
Old May 24th, 2003, 11:27 AM

My middle name & nickname is Ellen and i'm a flex-time sales rep with a Fortune 500 Co. It provides excellent benefits including as much unpaid vacation time as we want. (think Working Mother Magazine's top 100 Companies) Hubby 'Clark' is a teacher and football coach, facilitating our 3-4 week Wild West Vacation Adventure Vacations each summer. We go south on spring breaks and Clark and i enjoy get-away weekends in NYC, often with my co.

I grew up on long (5-6 week) western vacations in our old station wagons, schlepping in and out of motels each and every night and our kids have inherited the spirit of wanderlust... except in a mini-van
We took beach vacations with the 'in-loves' when the kids were small. Our first trip out west was in 1996, only after promising beach-bum Clark that we'd hit as many major league baseball games as possible. This will be our 8th trip in july.

We have a blast with our kids -'Rusty' our 18 y/o son 'Audrey' our 15 y/o daughter. They're amazingly 'cool' kids so we're thrilled and blessed that they STILL wanna travel with us!

We see and do as much as possible, always exploring new places but also revisiting faves. We do allow wiggle room for inevitable adjustments and mistakes, too We log between 6-8000 miles each summer, spending no more than 2-3 nights max in one place.

This board has been PRICELESS in planning our trips, so thank you all sooo VERY much!
Old May 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM

I'm here fairly regularly and have often wondered about some of the people I often see here.

Jon-Eric, 33, born and raised in New Orleans. Have lived in Charleston, Houston, DC, and Dallas briefly, but always return to New Orleans. I have always worked in Mortgage Banking, (origination not servicing) or Securities and currently I'm a partner in a title company. I have never been married and have no children or pets which is probably good b/c I work too many hours to have either This is why I look forward to travel now.
Old May 24th, 2003, 12:48 PM

I do not think I am considered a "regular" but I am definitely a Fodor's junkie! I love this site for travel advice.

I am 46, divorced female with 1 grown son. Leaves me free to travel and see beautiful places--if it just wasn't for those things called work and money! I live in Athens, GA which is a college town 50 miles from Atlanta (ever hear of REM?). I love the southwest; Utah is my favorite so far but have much more to see. I have a goal of seeing 10 national parks in 10 years and so far, I've seen 7 in 6! I've been to Arches, Bryce, Glacier, Acadia, Rocky Mtn, Smokey Mtn, Gr. Canyon-still want to get to Olympic, Yosemite, Yellowstone. I love to hike and be outdoors so I'm geared more to active type vacations than just sightseeing. I'm still hoping to meet my soulmate, hiking partner, travel companion one of these days...maybe I'll run into him on my next big adventure!! ;-)

Utahtea--I loved your websites and your beautiful vacation pix! Thanks for sharing.

Kat RN~
Old May 24th, 2003, 03:49 PM
OliveOyl

Thanks for starting this 14VK8SHN. I've really enjoyed reading the bios.

OMG, everyone is telling their age. Do I "gots too"? OK...I had my requiste physical last week, and as the doctor put it, "you are 60 going on 40". The idea of 60 appalls me and I continue to fight it tooth and nail. I started running 20 years ago when I quit smoking, and my concession to age is that I've gone from 36 miles/week to 24 and pace has dropped off to 10 minute miles, but heck, I'm still going. Also do 3 "step" classes/wk and same # of "body pump" classes. In other words, a fanatic. Can't see myself ever quitting.

Our other big love, aside from travel, is sailing, hence my name. We have an old '78 Bristol 29.9 in a marina in St. Pete. This boat has led to a new "hobby" (ha)...wood refinishing. (Where are you cd and BuckeyeMom?) Also have a couple of little one-man Force 5s and sold an ownership in a 23'er. There is probably one more boat in our future...the next one with NO wood!

My husband (same husband 34 years now, how about dat) works for a hotel company so we've moved a fair amount. Grew up in the Berkshires, moved to Long Beach, CA after college, moved to VA Beach, then Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Boston, back to New Orleans, back to Boston, Dallas, Savannah, and now Tampa. We've got two kids, both married, one in Phoenix and one in Dallas. 6 grand cats....and WAITING!

I was the last of a dying breed, a stay-at-home Mom after the kids were born, but had been a Social Worker for the State of VA, then a claims adjuster Liberty Mutual/then Amica. Yuck to claims--gawd awful job. Went back to that briefly after the youngest was a sr in hs, thinking maybe I or the job had changed, but I hadn't, it hadn't, and when we started moving again, I was unwilling to keep finding new jobs and sure wasn't going back into claims, so...I'm a lady of leisure now, Aerobics Queen of Tampa, and hooked Fodorite.

I did a little "class" a few years ago in homepage design, the results of which are still online if anyone wants a closer look--pretty primitive, but...got to learn html to get beyond that. http://home.thirdage.com/travel/cmcdaniel/ There are a few pictures of Bryce in there and more of Zion, the rest a mishmash of "stuff".

Next up??

Old May 24th, 2003, 03:54 PM
OliveOyl

Oops, error, error! Began doing aerobics 20 years ago when I was 40, (never too late for those thinking about starting) but didin't begin running until 14 years ago when I quit smoking. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -