Wild Women's Weekend 2005....Need hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need help finding an appropriate hotel for my group. We're a group of about 20 women aged 18-80 all relatives or friends of 2 college roommates. This is our 6th annual trip and 3rd time to NYC. We like the shopping and plays and have stayed at a Days Inn near Times Square which had suite rooms and another suite hotel near Central Park. We need easy access to the subway and we have a few groups that sleep 3 to a room, so a double room with a pull-out couch works best. Also, a coffee pot in the room or room service is required. BUT, saying that I'm looking for something different this year. Any ideas that would give us the luxuries we like, but in a more intimate setting where we would be treated as the wild women we are (OK, so we really go to bed at 10, but it's a catchy name).

Thanks
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 08:41 AM
GoTravel

Check out The Salisbury Hotel and all of the Affina Properties.

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 08:42 AM

what's your budget?
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Wow, what a diverse group (age wise)! Sounds like an interesting trip.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 05:18 PM

In addition to Gotravel's good suggestions, also check Radio City Apartments and Carnegie Suites.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 05:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Whatever you settle on. I'm sending my good wishes, as never been in a group, not by choice but childhood things.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

To answer the budget question, we normally like to keep it under $200 a night in NYC if possible.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:35 AM

I think you'll find hotel prices in NYC have skyrocketed. Hopefully they'll come down before your trip.

I think the places mentioned may all fall over your budget. I have noticed the Affinia hotels are often on lastminutetravel.com at good rates, but you have to know details of the hotels to find them as they're not listed by name.

The Comfort Inn Midtown and the Super 8, both owned by applecorehotels.com are good but may be a bit like what you've already experienced.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Tess

I haven't checked current rates, but the Doubletree Suites in Times Square sounds like it fits your needs. Each suite is two separate rooms--the living room has a pullout couch. Our suite had a largish bathroom with doors opening to each room. We also had a fridge and microwave. The location is great, especially if you're going to Broadway shows.

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 08:52 AM

Tess, my group is booked there. Do the rooms have windows that open? Even just a little bit? I love to have a fresh air flow in my room at night...
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 09:35 AM
OO

Joan....when I read the thread title I wondered if it was your post! LOL Have a ball..will you dare do a trip report?

I think we all need to bug Joan for a trip report. I know a teeny bit about what she's doing...and the name of her group. Who says we begin to quiet down when our nests are empty!!
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 10:20 AM

There you go giving away my secrets, OO! Yes when I saw momonthego's title, I had to laugh. Absolutely I shall do a trip report! We are booked for Wicked, Greenwich Village Walking Tour, Empire State Building, dinner at Chez Josephine and La Mela, planning on walking the Brooklyn Bridge (you shoulda seen me trying to talk the old biddies into THAT!), even a possible "nightmare" visit to Tavern on the Green (not my choice but hey I traded for Chez Josephine and the BB). Almost all of these ideas are thanks to wonderful Fodorites. Gotta go find my leather miniskirt...gosh I hope it still fits...hee hee
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Tess

Joan,

Hmmmm, I'm thinking the windows might just open bit. It's been several years since we stayed there but I seem to recall my kids opening the windows to 'hear' Times Square. You have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 04:30 AM
P_M

About 2 years ago I stayed at the Edison for about $150/night. It's just off Times Square. I don't know what it costs now.