Search

Today's Rants & Raves

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:34 AM
P_M
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's Rants & Raves

It looks like the system has munched our Rants & Raves thread for today. Just in case certain posters didn't get a chance to check in again before it was deleted, I would like to offer my condolences to Cassandra for her loss. I would also like to extend my best wishes to Ryan for a full recovery. Ryan, I know exactly what you are going through--been there, done that. Have a good weekend, all.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:38 AM

P_M: I'm glad you posted.

Vulgarity will without a doubt get FFR&Rs shut down.

Ryan: You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to Cassandra.

April, I hope your eyes feel better soon.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Oh, April, just in case you didn't see my post, the medicine that my md prescribed in Tobramycin by Bausch & Lomb.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:47 AM

Well shucks, I just typed a long response and it didn't make it! Didn't get to finish reading everyone's comments!

To Cassandra, I'm so sorry for your loss. As I'm sure with everyone here the illness has happened to a few very near and dear to us. Warmest wishes.

To Emd, I wish I had a friend to take to the prom! Travelinwifey was also dateless. #39;( I went to a small high school and was looked at as "the friend" to the guys. I didn't "come out" until about 3 years later.

To Otto, after my niece realized she probably wasn't going to be asked she asked a boy and he said "no"! The horror and embarassment!And she's cute, somehow she just slid by this time...

So taking my nephew shopping for his tux has been a healing experience for me, and the family also has piece of mind that our niece won't be doing, uh, you know what, on her prom night!

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:51 AM
bluestructure

Rant: It's very grey outside today but improving!

Rave: Going to see the Cherry Blossom's tomorrow!

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:53 AM

Rave: My first contribution to FFR&R

Rave: About 50 daffodils blooming outside my front door. It's my first house and the first time I've planted anything and have seen the results. Yay!

Rant: Not much to do at work today, but I guess that means lots of time on Fodors (so kind of a Rave).

Thoughts for all those who are sick.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:55 AM

Oh no Jor! Sorry! Hope it can be taken care of with medicine
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM
emd

Please don't feed the frenzy. You can't reason in this situation, let it go. For the sake of other fodorites who would like to benefit from FFRR.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM

Best wishes again Cassandra....oh what a walk I had....made it back to see "Walk gyppie walk!!!" (very funny) before some fool crossed the line and got some very tender posts deleted. And best wishes to Ryan!
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM

travelinwifey - tell this story to your niece. I asked a boy to my prom and he said no too. Flash forward to today - I've been married to that boy for 18 wonderful years and we have two great kids together.

Rant: Set my alarm for 4am to watch the funeral. Alarm goes off, tv goes on, and I promptly fell back to sleep. Woke up in time to see communion. God Bless John Paul, God Bless the cardinals as they elect his successor.

Prayers for all who are suffering whether from disease, sorrow or otherwise.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Sorry I missed all the drama. I won't repeat myself but will join the group and add my wishes for those facing medical issues a speedy recovery. Also, to those who have lost a loved one, may I add my condolences.

Life can be so scary and sorrrowful at times. Please allow your Fodor's friends to send some love and support in your direction. Peace.

Have a good weekend.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:50 AM

The FF Rants & Raves have outlived any usefulness in light of the inciteful and inflamatory manner in which it was started this morning.

People need to take the agendas, diatribe, and political crapola to the appropriate forum.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Thanks for all the best wishes. Trying to stay positive and hope for the best. A 27 year old in my brother had befriended was killed by a roadside bomb this week, leaving behing a pregnant fiance. My health issues pale in comparison.

Best wishes for a good weekend.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM

Bennie, my niece in Sacramento went shopping with her friends several months ago and purchased a pink dress for her prom. Everyone in the family thought she looked so lovely! Well, as the months came and went the poor girl was never asked, oh no

So then about two weeks ago she asked a boy in her class and she was shot down

All of her friends had dates so her Dad thought it may be a good idea to ask her cousin in Las Vegas to go. He accepted, and the rest is history. He will be flying out next Friday and stay the weekend. Niece said "be sure he doesn't match me in any way!"

One new rave: I just found out I had a kidney stone some time in the last 2 weeks. I mentioned last week I spent Easter Sunday in the Emergency Room~all better now! As grandma said on't get old"....
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Sorry Ryan. Hope you are well soon too.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:20 AM
cd

Well it looks like after I left for work today our FF R&R's met death.
Ryan
Glad to hear you're back and sorry I missed your post. Hope all is well or soon will be.
Jor
Sorry about your news this morning. Blessings to you, Ryan and all who are ill.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM

Sorry to see that someone caused jor's FFR&R to be pulled as I always look forward to reading them.

Rant: Fodorites going through troublesome times, whatever they may be.

Rave: A card I received at my retirement party last week said "Don't think of it as retirement, think of it as adding five days to your weekend." Well, I'm really getting into this ongoing weekend thing!

Rave: The great party thrown in my honor and the wonderful group of people who helped me celebrate.

Rave: Our chairman of the board brought lunch in for staff on my last day and my oldest grandson (16 today) joined us for lunch. That meant so much to be because, at that age, they don't seem to have as much time for grandma as they did when they were little, with their sports, social life and (gasp) girlfriends!

Rave: Heading for Montreal and Quebec City next Thursday, followed by a long weekend in N'awlins a week later.

I wish everyone a delightful weekend filled with sunshine and loved ones.

Gina
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Cassandra

Thank you so much to those kind enough to remember my post from the original FFRR -- but lest you think my day swamped in sorrow, remember I'm also happy to be celebrating an anniversary of having been born -- albeit WAAAYYYY too many years ago -- with family. And as sad as our loss is, it reminds us to be joyful for our happy days with family. And those who read my post will remember that my cousin's passing had a rare beauty that anyone would be fortunate to have.

So best wishes to all, thank you for the thoughts and have a lovely spring weekend everyone!

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Geez, I added a recommended wine to the wine o's forum yesterday and it got pulled.
M

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:47 AM

Oh, P_M,
My dual citizen German friends tell me they never take their USA PP's to Egypt, 'tho they visit more than once a year.
M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -