Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Georgetown Suites or Geroge Washington University Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 01:00 AM
MALK

Hello to all! I will be visiting DC with my family in mid-June and am considering one of the above two hotels. Has anyone experienced either of these two?
Regards & Thanks

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 04:52 AM
Mark

I work in Georgetown...I would recommend the Latham Hotel or the Georgetown Inn - both very nice places in the heart of Georgetown.

Remember, there is no subway stop in Georgetown, you will have to walk to Foggy Bottom if you plan on taking the Metro. It's a little under a mile away from Georgetown.

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 04:53 AM
Mark

I work in Georgetown...I would recommend the Latham Hotel or the Georgetown Inn - both very nice places in the heart of Georgetown.

Remember, there is no subway stop in Georgetown, you will have to walk to Foggy Bottom if you plan on taking the Metro. It's a little under a mile away from Georgetown.

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 03:01 AM
MALK

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your reply! I take your point about the location, but doesn't anyone out there have any experience in either of the two hotels mentioned?
thanks & regards to all.

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 10:19 PM
denise

We stayed at the Georgetown Suites on two occasions. The first time, we had an outrageous apartment on the seventh floor with skylights,walk around deck, kitchen with china and silverware, etc. Had a wonderful time. The second time, we stayed on the first floor and had a duplex. Not as plush, but incredibly spacious. Good service, location and continental breakfast. Look for deals in the NY Times. Parking is usually free and we got a good weekend rate. Would stay there again without question.
Denise