Search

short trip to napa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2023, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
short trip to napa

Just returned from a short trip to napa. The weather was lovely-chilly in ther early morning, but seventy degrees by noon.

We stayed at the Bel Abri Napa Valley Inn. It's quite conveniently located-just off 29 in Napa. Fairly close to downtown napa. Our room was large with a fireplace. They have light breakfast snacks and a small glass of wine and snacks at 5:30. Quite nice and inexpensive.

We went into downtown Napa to the tasting room for Mayacamus. Downtown Napa is quite charming and not too crowded. The tasting was OK and informative.

There obviously are lots of restaurants in Napa. We went to dinner at Napkin Bar and grill, which was pretty good. I had a tasty pasta special.

The highlight of our trip was our visit to Trefethen winery. This is one of the few family-owned wineries in Napa Valley, and it felt like it. All the staff were extremely helpful. We had reserv ed a reserve tasting in the villa, and arrived an hour early. I bought some wine to be shipped to a family member. Then a very experienced member of the staff offered to show us around the winery. So we got on a golf cart, and he showed us some things about the various grape types and differences in the soil. Also a bit about the winemaking process. Quite special and informative.

Then off to the tasting at the villa, which is the old family home. The tastin g room was quite bright -there is an area outside, as well as an area inside. It was unhurried and informative.
We then went to eat at Bouchon Bistro in Yountville. A big disappointment. We had a somewhat light meal-I had escargot, deviled eggs and onion soup. Nothing very memorable unfortunately.

There obviously are a number of resatauants in Napa.

Last edited by Moderator1; Nov 12th, 2023 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed 20 lines of white space
Old Nov 12th, 2023, 11:20 AM
P_M

That sounds lovely, thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 01:51 PM

This was very useful. Heading to Napa in March.

Regards,

Amar
Vancouver
Old Dec 18th, 2023, 11:24 AM

I love Trefethen! Such a beautiful spot.