Search

San Fran Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 07:44 PM
Smitty

San Fran Hotels

It's not easy to choose a hotel in SF for our 10 year anniversary. Any recommendations?? Seems very pricey where ever you look

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:54 PM
Use-The-Text-Search

Use the "Text Search" feature of this website and be sure to spell out the name of the city: San Francisco.
People have gone on record as to their favorites.
A couple of websites to check:

www.sftravel.com

www.sfgate.com

Yes, it's true that San Francisco is one of the most expensive cities for lodging, and it seems there's very little to choose from; however, some of the big name chain hotels have weekend specials to attract people as much of their clientele are business people who leave the hotels empty during the weekend.
You'll have to contact them one by one and ask the question: do you have a special package rate for X-X dates? And, is there a special promotional rate that's available or that for which I'm eligible?
I've found that there ARE discounts; sadly (and weirdly) you must ASK for them.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Jenny

Smitty,
How much do you want to spend and
what are your requirements ?
Give us more details and we'll help
you find what you're looking for.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 04:03 AM
Tony Hughes

The (Radisson)Miyako, Japantown. Just remember to check your bill before you leave.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 06:28 AM
jacky

Friends just returned from the Grand Hyatt by Union Square and raved about the service, location, etc.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 06:32 AM
Parrot Mom

We have through friends discovered a really funkly little place called The Andrews on Post Street. A really European type boutique and very affordable..not only that there is a lovely restaurant on the property. Unfortunately, they have been written up a few times and since there are only about 40 rooms it's difficult to get in.. www.andrewshotel.com

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 11:21 AM
Susan

I just did some research on SF for our 10 year anniversary and decided to stay in the Embarcadero area. Two hotels, the Griffon and the Harbor Court, both on Stuert Street, offer views of the bay and are walking distance to many nice, romantic restaurants and bars. They are also very near the fabulous farmer's market on Saturdays where you'll get lots of California flavor and some of SF's finest restaurants will serve you breakfast. This area isn't near Union Square where most of the city's hotels are located. That would be my preference but might not be yours. In any case, you can take a streetcar to Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf. I'd also recommend a cruise on the bay. Have a great time!