I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broncos vs Bengals
- 2 Dulles to BWI
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 5 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 11 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 12 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 13 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 14 Muir Woods - new rules
- 15 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 16 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 17 Padre Islands
- 18 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 19 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 20 NASHVILLE
- 21 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 22 4 days in San Diego
- 23 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 24 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 25 Restaurants - NYC Financial District