Reload this Page >

Need Times Square NYC hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Enderbury

Wife & I are going to NYC in Feb for Broadway shows trip. Where to stay near Times Square? We like small-to-medium size over big glass & steel towers. thanks, Mike

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 10:13 AM
topper

to the top

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Ann

I don't know about small to medium size hotels, but we've stayed at the Marriott Marquis Times Square, Courtyard by Marriott Times Square, and the Millenium.

They were all very nice and in a great location...if you want to be in TS and near the shows.

I'm not sure if you will find hotels that are not big glass and steel towers in Times Square?

Good Luck!

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:52 PM
mimi

We just spent five days in NYC in Dec. We like old historical hotels and loved the Algonquin on 44th. street which is a short walk to Times Square. They are running a great winter deal and we booked through Quikbook which has no fee for reservations or cancellations.
This is a small hotel much like an English Inn.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:52 PM
steve

If you don't mind small rooms try the Mansfield on 44th. It's an easy walk to the theatres but a bit away from the crowds. The rooms are stylish and they have a decent continental breakfast which is included in the room rate. The Time Hotel is more in the middle of things. It also has small, trendily decorated rooms. A couple of other options would be The Iroquois or the Royalton.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
judy

Try the Belvedere W48th @ 8th. A very nice, clean, good service, hotel with approximately 25 floors. We were there summer 2000 and paid $139. for two double beds for 4 women. It was great, would do it again.It is in Time Sq. area.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Jerrie

Spent a long weekend with family and friends 2 weeks ago and we stayed at The Muse hotel on W 47th. It is a medium size hotel with spacious rooms, beautifully decorated with extremely comfortable deluxe beds. The Muse is convenient to Time Square and located in a relatively quite street. The staff although young, was professional and attentive. I found the best price on the internet at their web site www.themuse.com. They have a restaurant but it was pricey even for NY and the service was painfully slow even though the food was good. I read many travel forums before I selected this hotel and will be returning in April. Price for the room was $224.00 a night second weekend in January.
Good Luck!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:06 AM
al

Mike, check out Best Western President on W. 48th. See www.newyork.citysearch.com for more info.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:10 AM
Liz

We stayed at the Broadway Inn last weekend, and liked it a lot. Both Fodors and Frommers recommend it.
www.broadwayinn.com