Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

LoveItaly - I've been thinking about you - how are things going?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 05:27 PM
aggiemom

I missed a couple days here on Fodors. How are things in Italy?

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 05:28 PM
aggiemom

Ooooops! Sorry, wrong board! Won't happen again....

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Kal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L'Italy....you move and not tell us?
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM

There have been some sad events in LoveItalys life recently and I believe she is just busy with her family.
I will email this thread to her, I am sure she will be happy to know she is missed.
Scarlett
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Whats wrong? Ís she in Italy?
My best wishes whatever the problems are.
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:27 PM

The Italian in-laws were both hospitalized and daughter and SIL were on the way to be with them.

Scarlett, let her know that our thoughts and prayers are with the both sides of the family.
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 07:49 PM

Since I heard from LI this AM, I'll tell you guys what I know. Things are status quo with her daughter's in-laws and continue to be hospitalized. Her daughter and SIL are in Rome but LI is at home in Calif.

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 09:16 PM

Hi dear friends, yes I am in CA. My daughter and son-in-law are still in Rome. SIL's father is still in a coma and his mother is in another hospital but will not be able to stay there and will have to be moved to a nursing home which will not go over well.

Everything there is a big mess. SIL and daughter are staying strong but they are so tired. Confusion reigns.
SIL got permission from his employer to stay an extra week in Rome so they will be there at least 2 more weeks (assuming they can get seats on KLM a week or so later than their original reservations back on the 19th. It is a long story but that is the short version.

My 14 year old grandson is with me (except he has been with his father these last few days). My 19 year old grandson has been fantastic. But his car broke down, we are working on getting a new engine in it. So he is without transportation so I am his taxi. And it seems like everything that can go wrong has including his cell phone not working today. But we haven't lost our sense of humor.

No dear Kal, unfortantly I haven't moved, LOL. Got your message and will write you tomorrow. It was good to hear from you.

Starsville, thanks for explaining, I have had so little time. Mimi, thank you for your good thoughts. And OWJ, thank you bunches. And aggiemom, thanks for the thread. You all have touched my heart. If any of you have Scarlett's email I asked her to give you mine if you would like to have it.
Hugs to all of you, and thanks for your friendship.
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 10:11 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I hope things start to go better for all of you very soon.

I'm glad to hear you say you've been able to hang on to your sense of humor. It sounds like you really need it right now!
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 11:30 PM

Just wanted to say God Bless.

Jim
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 03:05 AM

Sening best wishes your way, LoveItaly. Hang in there, boys are a joy, but they can be tiring
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 03:26 AM

So sorry to hear about your family's health woes. Sending best wishes and prayers to you and yours.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 05:07 AM

LoveItaly, so sorry to hear about your family's crises at the moment. Sending good thoughts your way that everything turns out fine and that you get a breather soon.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 06:50 AM

Dear LoveItaly~I am sorry for the family,all of you. Hopefully, there will a let up of all of this and your family can rest.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:07 AM

Hi LoveItaly,

I am sorry about your SIL's parents. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hug for you >< Tiff
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:45 AM

LoveItaly, wish you and yours all the best and get out of all problems soon.

Now you wish you'd have that limonchello you sent us for Yountville GTG, huh
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:56 AM

Hi everyone, can I share one more problem. My 14 year old grandson has been with his father the last couple of days. He is due home late afternoon. Grandson called me at 8:00am this morning. He was at his father's brother house yesterday afternoon. His 13 year old cousin evidently has an airgun and was shooting it (evidently with his parents permission - in a residential neighborhood no less). My 14 year old grandson got shot with the bullett, right in the middle of his right eye. His father took him to emergency & has a Dr. (opthologist) at 4:00pm today.
Grandson said hospital said yesterday his eye will heal but right now grandson needs help walking as he can't see properly. His father never called me about this.

I don't know whether to call his Mom in Italy to tell her or not. There is nothing they can do and they are under so much stress.

I called our dear OWJ a few minutes ago to vent to her. We decided to wait until I get Michael back to my place tonight & than make the decision whether or not to call my daughter & tell her.

BTW, this grandson is suppose to fly Sat. am to Utah for 2 days with his father. I don't know if that is a good idea, what with this eye injury. Once I get grandson home I will be more in control of decisions (not that I am a controlling person but exSIL is a very odd person and very controlling so just want to wait until grandson gets home tonight before I say or do anything).

Thanks for listening dear friends. And thanks again for all your loving thoughts. And if anyone has any thoughts please tell me - I could use some good heads right now.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
JJ5

Dear LoveItaly:

You are doing the right thing. Regardless, they probably can not handle any more stress at the European end.

Talk to your grandson tonight about Saturday and take each day one at a time. It's sure not easy, I know.

Take care of yourself too and get as much rest as you can. Stress has its toll.

Sending prayers your way.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 09:15 AM

gosh, LI. what a mess.

eye injuries heal quickly -- that's the good news. and I don't think there is any bad news about that as it sounds like the doc gave him a thumbs up for being able to see again.

i will say a prayer for you and yours. someone is testing you. and I'm sure you'll pull through all this but it must be awfully dark right now. as I can tell from this thread, there are lots of thoughts with you.

hugs, hugs, hugs...
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 09:16 AM

I don't know what to say, LoveItaly, other than I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Your poor grandson -- didn't I say boys can be tiring!

I would suggest asking the doctor whether or not flying would have any adverse effect on Michael's eye. He may require a regimen of some sort to care for his injury or a follow-up appointment to check on his healing progress (thinking of ways to keep that boy home with you).

I think you are doing the right thing by holding off telling your DD until sometime later.

I'll keep you all in my prayers. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -