Looking for deals in Sonoma (April 1) and here's why

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have 2 nights free in Lodi. I won auction at Brewery Gulch in Mendocino for 3 days, won another auction for fabulous place in Healdsburg one night. So far, my daily cost average is $88. We want to spend 3 days in Sonoma (the town). Our dates are April 1-3, so it's off-season. Does anyone know of a place that will give an off-season discount or regularly runs specials? I'm checking LuxuryLink daily, as well. My husband thinks this is great....last time we stayed in the wine country we spent over 200 dollars a day!THIS time, I'm spending my money on WINE!
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 12:46 PM

LLindaC-

Your best bet is to stay at a B&B (www.bedandbreakfast.com) if you want a cheaper rate. Even the Best Western in Sonoma is expensive?! When you do go wine tasting, make sure that you go to V.Sattui in St. Helena. It's a gem of a place and on the right side of Hwy. 29 if you're driving away from Napa. There's a Dean & Deluca across the street from it.

Have a great time!
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 09:20 AM

Hey Linda congratulations! Not a hotel idea but since you will be staying in Sonoma..have you ever gone to Da Rosa Preserve? It's a docent led 2 hour tour of a huge collection of modern art. Check out their website.
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Cool Pam, thanks! I have been to V Sattui...had a nice lunch there. However, we're not doing Napa again. Last time, we stayed in Calistoga and Healdsburg. This time, we're doing the Spring Wine show in Lodi, followed by a wine and nature stint near the redwoods. Mendocino looks totally cool. Last trip, we didn't have time to go to Sonoma, so we thought for the last 2 days it would be nice to see that area and GlenEllen and our favorite wine family the Benzingers! I am tickled that I got these deals....may wait until last minute for booking Sonoma and see what arises!
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 12:53 PM

I've seen auctions featuring MacArthur Place in Sonoma which is a fabulous place to stay! They also have off season specials and/or Internet rates on their website. Have you looked at Ramekins by chance? I have heard their rates are reasonable.