Here's a question for someone familiar with Columbus, OH

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about bidding on a hotel (Priceline) that would be near (or at) the Easton Town Center Mall. Would that area be referred to as "Worthington?" Thanks!
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM

I's been awhile since I was in Columbus, but from what I remember, Worthington is off of I-71, slightly to the west of the freeway.

A map I found of the mall's location shows it is nowhere near Worthington: http://www.eastontowncenter.com/dire...directions.cfm .
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM
rex

I don't want to offend you, but have you looked at the Columbus map on Priceline?

It shows a bidding area called "Easton". At about "2 o'clock" on the I-270 perimeter of Columbus.

Not particularly close to Worthington which is close to 11 or 12 o'clock.

The airport area or downtown are equally convenient to Easton as Worthington is.

And hopefully, you have looked at biddingfortravel.com before trying to use Priceline, right? Bidding on Priceline without thoroughly understanding biddingfortravel is like playing in the NFL without a helmet.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Rex,
I received confusing information regarding hotels on Biddingfortravel.com that appeared to be near the mall, but were listed as Worthington. That is why I asked. I use Priceline (and Biddingfortravel) frequently.Thanks.
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Easton is a newer shopping hotel office complex not far from the airport. Newer hotels Hilton Marriots, etc Worthington would be due north of downtown and it has a large hotel complex as well. Easton would be a more interesting place to stay.
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
rex

I looked again. I could not find the confusing information. There is certainly one or more property (more upscale) right AT Easton (specifically the Hilton) which must not release any inventory to Priceline, as PL shows only 1 star in the Easton area.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 02:49 AM

Go to the mall's website:
http://www.eastontowncenter.com/

And stay at one of their hotels right there. Very convienent.

However the mall is off of 270, so if you looked at a map and found a city off of 270 or 71 North (maybe the Hampton at the Delaware exit - exit # 131), you could find a less expensive hotel (I think the hotels at Easton are over 200 a night). The drive on 270 is soooo easy.

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody. I booked something (not on Priceline) in Newark-Hebron because it is closer to where I really want to be and I couldn't get anything decent in Easton on Priceline. I sure wish some of those hotels at the Easton mall used Priceline! I'm willing to stay pretty far from places if I can get a cheap Priceline room at a 3 or 4 star hotel.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Columbus isn't that big and Easton isn't exactly Paris. A 15-minute drive to shop doesn't seem that unreasonable of a burden, especially if it means you are a little closer to Columbus an all it has to offer beyond shopping.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:47 PM

wliwl: I hope you didn't book the Amerihost in Hebron . It's just 'ok' and there are many other nicer places around the cities.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 05:00 PM

Mike-While Columbus isn't as big as New York or LA or Chicago, it has 1 million plus and traffic gridlock is horrible. I think some magazine ranked Columbus #2 for gridlock. Delaware County, norht of Columbus is the fastest growing county in the US now.

Anyway, wliwl, driving from Hebron into Columbus will be a major pia with traffic and road construction. If you need to stay near Worthington, there is a Radisson, Holiday Inn, Residence Inn and a bunch of other hotels there. Easton is on the east side, 30 minutes from Worthington near the airport.

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

MikeT- We've already been to Paris this year.

We aren't actually going into Columbus - we are visiting Granville. I just thought staying at the shopping mall might be fun. I booked the new Hampton Inn. It's in a lousy, strip-mall plagued place, but will do. We usually stay at a B&B there, but that is booked.

Since we go often I'm going to keep my eye on Priceline hoping that they include some more options in Easton. Thanks!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 06:33 AM

I know there is a Hilton at Easton and some other hotels now. Check the Easton website.

Have you ever stayed at Cherry Valley Lodge in Newark? It is very nice.
http://www.cherryvalleylodge.com
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 06:59 AM

I've lived in Columbus and get back often. Traffic is not nearly as bad as people in Columbus think it is. If you stayed on the East side, Easton is going to be 15-20 minutes from Downtown or even closer to the airport.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 07:17 AM

LOVE Easton Place!
No it's not Paris but it's got a great vibe with some fun bistros, restaurants and a plethora of shopping.
The Hilton is the best locale, but as others have said, driving there isn't that bad.
Have fun!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 07:46 AM

wliwl:

Try this website for more interesting places to stay instead of the Hampton (if you have time to look, that is).

http://www.denison.edu/areainfo/accom.html
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Anybody have restaurant suggestions at Easton Center?

ccolor:
Our son is at Denison! How about you?
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 12:51 PM

These are just a few I have seen...

Smokey Bones

Smith & Wollensky (not been there, but people tell me it's good).

Cheesecake Factory (Only had a drink there, but I'm sure food is good).

PF Chang's China Bistro

Johnny Rockets

Many more..... Basically every chain restaurant there. Also fancy versions of Mc Donalds. OH! Forgot to mention California Pizza Kitchen! Really good.

more info at www.eastontowncenter.com

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Have you eaten at the Ocean Club (I think it's called)?
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 03:09 AM

I love the Irish Pub there, was just there a month ago.

Cheesecake Factory is good, but chain food. I also like Brio Tuscan Grill (a chain, but it's so good).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -