Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New High Quality Campground Equipment Launch
- 2 A New Campground Product Line Launch on Amazon
- 3 Perfect Comfort’s Campground Products Announcement
- 4 Perfect Comfort’s New Brand Line Launch
- 5 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 6 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Padre Islands
- 9 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 10 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 11 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 12 NASHVILLE
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 15 Muir Woods - new rules
- 16 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 17 4 days in San Diego
- 18 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 19 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 20 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 21 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 22 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 23 Family winter holiday
- 24 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 25 Galveston
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit