Reload this Page >

America West - ? Good airlines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 06:15 AM
Roger

Can get a good deal from Dallas to San Diego via America West. We have never flown this airlines. I would appreciate any information, re. reliability, comfort, customer service, etc. Thanks

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 06:27 AM
igor

we flew America West from JFK to Las
Vegas last year and did not experience
any delays (or any other problems).

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 10:40 AM
John

AW is a no frills airline. I've flown them many times from LA to San Francisco, Las Vegas, even New York. Reliability has always been good. Just don't expect great inflight meals.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 10:59 AM
Randi

I flew AW a couple of times and twice we had to make emergency landings. I will never fly them again!

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Gerry

As a Phoenix resident, I've flown AWA at least 75 times. I've never had a problem with a flight cancellation (except once, now that I think about it, when the runways at my destination airport flooded due to a torrential rain for half a day), and certainly never an emergency landing!? (don't fly with Randi obviously, some serious bad karma there).
AWA is a leg up on SWA in my book because they assign seats and I just detest the extra waiting that SWA imposes on their clients due to that policy.
AWA is better than NWA IMO, but not on the same level as UA/AA (not that they're the standards of perfection, though).

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 06:28 PM
David

Do not fly this airline! I've had nothing but bad experiences w/ them. In fact, my mother just flew them and she's so upset w/ them that she called & complained to her travel agent and wrote a letter to the airline. They are absolutely the worst. Oh yeah, they lost my brothers luggage to top it off. When I say lost, it was never found.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Michele

I've flown AmericaWest several times, and for a "no frills" airlines I think it's OK. I will be leaving for Milwaukee tomorrow morning, and will be flying with them. They did cancel our original flight for tomorrow morning - we were supposed to leave at 7:15am, but now are leaving at 6:30am. No biggie for me, as all arrangements were made through my T/A.

My worst nightmare was on Northwest - NEVER on time, ALWAYS late, and lost my luggage due to Seattle being fogged in. (Thing was, I had left LAX for a non-stop flight to Minneapolis, for a connection to Milwaukee. The original plane I was one was supposed to continue to Detroit and then on to Dulles, but it was never explained to me how my luggage wound up in Seattle!?!?!)

No matter what airlines you fly, you will find people who have had good and not so good experiences. I think for the most part AW is OK.