We are slowly piecing together our trip to New England, for 2 couples.
Rough itinerary is:
4 Oct - Pick up car at Boston airport, flight arrives 8pm (flying from New Orleans). O/n somewhere close by, not sure where yet.
5/6 Oct - drive north along the coast of Maine. stop for 2 nights or 1 Portland 1 Camden or Bar Harbour not so keen on 1 night stays.
7/8 - Oct North Conway 2 nights
9/10/11/12 Oct Vermont - should we break this up (e.g. 2 nights Montpellier, 2 nights Battleboro or similar. Or 4 nights say midway near Ludlow?
13 Oct - stop somewhere on the way back to Boston maybe Berkshires or would we be best to add to Vermont stay
14 Oct return car to Boston 4 night stay in Boston
In Vermont we would like to maybe use one place as a base if this is practical. We want to maximise fall viewing. I have looked at some good Air BnB places for Vermont.
We have not booked any accommodation yet. Driving route is flexible and we would value your suggestions, for not only Vermont but stops in Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 2 4 days in Miami
- 3 I need help
- 4 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 5 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 6 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 7 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 8 A Few days in Museums
- 9 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 10 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 11 travelling from Miami to New York
- 12 Las Vegas TR
- 13 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 14 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 15 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 16 First time in the United States
- 17 3 days San Francisco
- 18 Vacations in New Orleans
- 19 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 20 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 21 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
- 22 natchez accommodation
- 23 NYC NYE on a budget HELP please
- 24 Road Trip - DC to Miami in 2-3 days - need help
- 25 New Orleans Vacation
Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.