Hello to All!
I was wondering if you Chicago and Indi experts on the board would mind looking over the rough draft of my itinerary for our upcoming trip which will take place Sept. 20th-28th, 2011, and offer you recommendations for tweaking, eliminating, or adding to our planned days. Our trip will be with myself, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 4 and 2. We’re planning on relying on public transportation/hoofing it while in Chicago, and renting a car for the drive and time spent in Indy.
9/20 – Travel Day: arrive 6:45pm (4:45pm our time) – will bid to get a Priceline airport area hotel for our 1st night to avoid any more travel for the children.
9/21 – Blue Line into the city – check in to Priceline hotel – T.B.D.
Chicago Greeter Tour - any suggestions on what neighborhood I should request to tour? There’s so many to choose from!
9/22 – Millenium Park and Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
9/23 – The Zoo and Lincoln Park Conservancy – Rehearsal Dinner
9/24 – Wedding and Reception – Old St. Patrick’s Church
9/25 – Drive to Indi (set clocks ahead 1 hour) Indianapolis Children’s Museum – how long does it take to thoroughly enjoy the Museum? Is this an open to close experience or just a few hours?
9/26 – open. I was planning on doing the Children’s Museum here, or the Indy Museum of Art, but both are closed on Mondays. Open to suggestions!
9/27 –Indianapolis Speedway & Museum. “Grounds Tour” 9:30am. Another helpful time estimate of what it would take to properly see the museum would also be helpful here.
Drive back to Chicago (set clocks back 1 hour), return rental car. Blue Line to Ohare to stay the night at Priceline airport hotel.
9/28 – Early 8am departure back to the west coast!
Also, could anyone recommend any exceptional public parks (with playground equipment) for us to visit while in Chicago or Indy to take the kids to for a filler activity? Are there any stops worth making for the drive between Chicago and Indy? Is there a particular time that we need to be on the road by to avoid crazy traffic along our route? Also, with the above listed activities is there a particular Priceline bidding zone that one could recommend to us for Chicago and Indy respectively? I hope these aren’t too many questions! Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days in San Diego
- 2 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 3 NY theater district restaurant
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 6 Trip to Cali
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 13 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 14 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 15 Big Sur weather in early December
- 16 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 17 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 18 Our next summer trip
- 19 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 20 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 21 Dulles to BWI
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 24 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 25 Kauai for a week: advice needed
Hello to All!