Search

Concerns about vacation timing re: Spring Break

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerns about vacation timing re: Spring Break

Hi again,

My husband and I are still trying to finalize our trip (we think Palm Springs) and have realized that the week of March 19th may be filled with people on Spring break. Any thoughts/opinions? Would we be better waiting until the 2nd week in April? We want to avoid as many kids on vacation as we can and are looking for something relaxing for just the two of us...
thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM

The second week in April could be just as bad because it will be the week after Easter. I would imagine that a lot of K- 12 schools have off that week! In my district, Spring Break is huge for vacations. But, we do it the week before Easter.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
P_M

I realize that a lot of people travel over Spring Break, but is Palm Springs a popular destination for kids? I always thought of Palm Springs as being popular with a more mature crowd.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM

I live in Seattle and do have many friends who travel to Palm Springs / Palm Desert for spring break (our break is the first week of April). I think that more and more this area caters to families - however, I do not consider it to be full of college "spring breakers".

Have a wonderful trip
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM

It used to attract a Spring Break college crowd but they got a bit too destructive for the city fathers. It's much tamer now. No more patio chairs tossed into the pools.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 06:51 AM
lvk

March is typically college spring break. The 1st 2 weeks of April are typically K-12 spring break. As mlgb states, I think the wild partying spring breakers have abandoned Palm Springs for Lake Havasu.

We once tried to book a PS spring break vacation, only to find low availability because of "The Dinah" weekend. I think that's at the end of March, so your March 19th date would be safe.