Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTYAHOO Techh care
- 2 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACTKODAK Techh care
- 3 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 4 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 5 Find This Christmas Best Flight Ticket Deals
- 6 Find This Christmas Best Air Travel Deals
- 7 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 8 A Few days in Museums
- 9 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 10 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 11 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 12 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 13 First time in the United States
- 14 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 15 3 days San Francisco
- 16 Vacations in New Orleans
- 17 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 20 Las Vegas TR
- 21 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
- 22 natchez accommodation
- 23 NYC NYE on a budget HELP please
- 24 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 25 Road Trip - DC to Miami in 2-3 days - need help
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.