What to do in Milwaukee 2pm-9pm on thurs, feb14

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Grace

Hi everyone
For Valentine's Day, I've decided to go on a one day trip to Milwaukee by myself. I'll be there from 2pm-9:30pm, or roughly 7 hours. What should I see?!? I'm 24, female, kinda nerdy. I like nature, museums/art/theater and unique tourist attractions

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Becca

Grace,
Sounds like a fun idea. The Milwaukee Public Museum has just added on a huge addition and from what i have heard it is awesome. I am sure you would do well to check that out. www.mpm.edu

Also, there is a comedy/theatre act in Milwaukee that is just great. It's called comedy sportz. It's improv comedy and I imagine that they would have some sort of special act for the holiday. They have a few different comedy troupes all around the country. www.comedysportz.com

Those are two things that come to my mind right away.

have fun!
Becca

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Dan

Well if your into plants or flowers there is the Mitchell Park Horticultural
something or other. Basically three giant buildings that look like plastic breasts. More commonly known as "the domes". I've never been there but I could see them from my college dorm

http://www.countyparks.com/horticulture/domes/index.html

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:10 PM
katie

The art museum also has a new addition--matter of fact I believe it won architectural awards.
Enjoy your time in Milwaukee--we might even have some snow by then!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Debbie

Grace-I would add a tour of the Pabst Mansion(too bad that it won't still be decorated for Christmas),lunch at Maders in the old German section(famous restaurant with lots of history and wonderful atmosphere),botanical gardens are great and even a tour of the Miller Brewery is interesting. The Milwaukee Public Zoo when it is warmer is really wonderful.Hope the weather holds for you!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 07:20 AM
bj

Actually winter is my favorite time to visit the zoo. Assuming its not really nasty weather, the animals are more active and a lot of it has wonderful inside viewing areas. On a week day, its almost yours alone.
Not to be missed is the art museum and the new Calatrava addition. Quite spectacular and a great location right on the lake front. If the weather is nice, a good place from which to take a stroll up the lake front. Enjoy!!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Ashton

I had fun touring the Miller plant. Nice sampling, too!