We are planning a day in Volcanoes National Park. We will be staying for several days on the Kona side before heading to Oahu. I am thinking of starting out early from Kona and spending the day in VNP before catching the late flight to HNL from HIlo. As we will be traveling in winter months, days will be short so we can see some of the park at night before flying out. The problem I have is this: where to store the luggage for 6 people? I understand that it is not necessarily safe to leave it in the van.
If there is somewhere to put the luggage, this option will work out well for us. I'd rather move on to Oahu that night as our time is limited. Also, I'd rather avoid driving back to kona at night. I've done it before, and once was enough!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY theater district restaurant
- 2 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 8 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 9 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 10 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 11 Trip to Cali
- 12 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 13 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 14 Big Sur weather in early December
- 15 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 16 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 17 Our next summer trip
- 18 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 19 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 20 Dulles to BWI
- 21 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 22 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 23 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 24 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 25 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
Big Island - where to store luggage for the day while at VNP?