We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY theater district restaurant
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Trip to Cali
- 4 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 5 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 6 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 7 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 8 Big Sur weather in early December
- 9 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 10 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 11 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 12 Our next summer trip
- 13 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 14 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 15 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 16 Dulles to BWI
- 17 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 18 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 19 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 20 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 21 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 22 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 23 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 24 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 25 Where to Eat on Kauai?