Search

Peru - 9-11 Days Inclusive - Travel Agency Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peru - 9-11 Days Inclusive - Travel Agency Recommendations

Hi Everyone -

I am planning a 9-11 day tour in Peru for the end of October. The only company I have really looked into so far is Virgin Vacations, although I can't seem to find any solid reviews on traveler's experiences. I understand that they operate with Gate1.

Has anyone used these companies to plan their trip to Peru? Would like to ideally find one inclusive of airfare / hotel / tours / etc.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thank you.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM

I am using Agnes Moes from reponsibletravelperu.

I have planned most of our trip on my own but needed help with a few details. He was happy to fill in where I needed help. He has been helpful, good suggestions,seems to"listen" well... I don't go until September. I have posted our itinerary for Peru in 14 days if you want to take a look...

Cheers
Pepnjak
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM

You can look at the website www.andeantravelweb.com for links to local agencies.

If you are looking for big established Peruvian agencies, Condor Travel and Fertur. Or you can use local guides in different cities, for example, Giardino is good around Arequipa and there are many recommendations here for Percy Salas around Cusco.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM

It's really better to go to a few guidebooks for recommendations on tour operators. You never know who is doing the recommending. It might be someone who joined just to recommend their own agency.
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Responsibletravelperu....They were absolutely amazing! Ask for Agnes or Saby...and if anyone needs a driver that speaks very good English ask for Hugo! You won't be disappointed in anything they arrange. They also put money back into the community. They have an office in Cusco.
Old Oct 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM

I planned my trip to Peru without an agency, but I went through Wayki Trek for my Macchu Picchu 2 day excursion back in 2008. Everyone there is super helpful, and they book your rail, macchu picchu, and museum tickets. They offer many other excursions as well. Their accommodations are in Cusco. http://www.waykitrek.net/

Not sure what you're aiming for (Luxury or Low Key?) since I am unfamiliar with the agency named above.

Have a great time!