Search

Getting to Pichilemu, Chile

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting to Pichilemu, Chile

Hi everyone,
I'm an American who recently began living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. One of my friends is currently living in Pichilemu, Chile, and I'd like to visit her. Does anyone know the best/if possible cheapest way to go about this? I'm hoping to go the first week of March. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

So, it seems like one option would be to fly from Buenos Aires to Santiago, and then take a bus from Santiago to Pichilemu. Is that my best option?
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM

If you fly you will pay a reciprocity fee landing at the airport in Santiago. You could cross by bus from Mendoza. From BA it is a bit long, 21 hrs. Maybe fly to Mendoza?

Once in Santiago, take an airport bus and get off at the Terminal Santiago. It is right by the Universidad de Santiago metro station. If you get the Turbus airport bus it will go into its own station which is right across the side street from the other terminal. The companies which go between Santiago and Pichilemu are Pullman del Sur and Nilahue. Check which route they are taking. The ones which go through Melipilla take less time than the ones through San Fernando, but both routes are fine. There are frequent departures during the day.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Huentetu! I had forgotten about the reciprocity fee. I'll definitely think about taking buses all the way, or at least from Mendoza to Santiago. That sounds like a good option!
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM

Remember that there is a one way traffic system crossing by Los Libertadores because of roadworks on the Chilean side. Fortunately for you, from Argentina the buses travel by day. The buses from Chile travel by night. Expect a longer bus ride than normal because of delays and waits on the road.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Ohhh. Ok. I didn't know that, actually. Thanks for letting me know!