Sea World-San Antonio Best Day To Go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are taking our two children (3 and 1) to San Antonio next week-end. We are planning to o to Sea World on either Fri. or Sat. My question is whether or not we can expect smaller crowds on Fri? It seems logical that a week day would be less crowded than a week end . . . But it might just be nuts all the time for all I know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM

See this thread.

http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...k-best-day.cfm

Basically, Friday will have less crowds than Saturday for the week in question. But everytime I've gone it's been crowded.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM

The last time we were at Sea World San Antonio, we got there mid-afternoon. Crowds started thinning out a few hours later and the weather cooled off just a bit. There were very few lines the last couple of hours that the park was open and it was much less crowded just walking around. Now that we know the secret, we'll always go the last part of the day as opposed to the first.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:57 AM

If I were to choose it would be Friday--schools are not yet out for summer (but will be by months end) so you have better chance of smaller crowds on Friday. Still, I have seen schools bring the kiddos to SW for the day so don't be surprised if you see buses of kids being dropped off in the morning. Plan to get there just before it opens, if possible. When DH and I had passes we would always go first thing in the morning, ususally Sunday, and then leave as the crowds became thick early afternoon. Hope it works out for you.

There's a great BBQ place located across the 151 freeway from SW called Rudy's if you're interested on the way out. Very understated--picnic table style seating, no a/c, great food.
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:22 AM

I agree; I would go on Friday since school is still in session. Don't miss feeding the dolphins - that was a big hit when I went with my friend's two little boys.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the responses! Looks like we'll shoot for Friday, which works out better for us anyway. I appreciate you guys taking the time to help us out!

AnnMarie: Thanks for the restaurant suggestion! Sounds like our kind of place!
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Agree Friday is a better bet, though you may still run into crowds. It is already hot here; don't forget the sunscreen, caps, lots of water, etc.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Another vote for Rudy's. If you've never been, you need to experience that place. The best BBQ in the world, cashiers that yell the order to the back cooks in a Brooklyn-esque manner, a line that moves rapidly as you are whisked past extremely large containers of beer and bottled coke. Then, the patio seating and the giant BBQ sauce bottle right along-side us Texans favorite "fixins" like onions and pickles... served all over white bread... Oh, don't forget the cole slaw, it's out of this world good!