Fine dining in Beijing

Search

Fine dining in Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine dining in Beijing

You all have been so helpful with other cities, so I thought I would try Beijing.

Please let me know of exceptional dinner places in Beijing. Price isn't an issue, either. We are looking for romantic/memorable experiences.

Thanks!
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 04:38 PM

you can check Erica`s trip report on forum,http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...125&fid=27

Back from 21 Superb Days in Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai.i will list it on top.i suggest another two restaurants for you,DingTaifeng for Dim Sum,Donglaishun for Hot-Pot.if you like Speicy food,Maojiafandian is a good choice.which is Hunan Restaurant.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 03:55 AM

I am not sure about the romantic part of the request. One place that was getting lots of buzz when I was there was South Silk Road which is reputed to be popular with artists, as it is owned by one. Also check out the Red Capital Club. (link below). Note that I did not eat at either of these but did lots of research and would have tried them if I had had the time...

http://www.redcapitalclub.com.cn/club.html
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 05:34 AM

What kind of cuisine are you looking for? When you say fine dining do you mean decor and service, or food? In Beijing, the three rarely converge...

For wonderful decor:
*The Lan Club, designed by Phillippe Starck. Food is uneven, but stick to the Sichuan dishes and you should be okay.

*Mei Fu -- in a beautiful, courtyard house. Mild flavors. Very romantic.

*Tiandi Yijia -- Gorgeous setting but bland imperial cuisine.

For Great Food:
*Din Tai Feng -- one of the few places with a pleasant decor, clean surroundings, attentive service and wonderful food. I still dream about their soup dumplings. Not really romantic, however.

*Jiumen Xiaochi -- in a rambling courtyard house, a food court of old Beijing snacks. A real experience. Not romantic -- cafeteria-style and it closes at like 8pm. Good lunch spot.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Yes yes..DTF!!