Search

6 hour layover at Bruxelles Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2024, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 hour layover at Bruxelles Airport

Hello,

We will land at Brussels airport at 9h from Chicago, and our next flight leaves at 3 p.m. to Italy.

We will clear the EU border patrol in Brussels... I saw it takes 20 mn by train directly from the airport to downtown Brussels... Would love to go stretch our legs...

We will enter with French passports - so hopefully would be quick to go through border patrol. no need to pick up luggage as it will be checked all the way to Italy.

So let's day 'best' situation we can arrive around 10h30 in Brussels, take a quick walk downtown, a quick bite to eat, then go back to the airport at 12h30 to be back 2 hours ahead at the airport - just going thru security - and I saw we can purchase a fast track for 12.50 euros if needs be....

In reality, it is feasible? Too stressful??? Brussels airport is so small, we will literally fall asleep on our chair at the gate waiting for next plane

Thanks!
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 08:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Depends on your stress tolerance.
You will save time if you go to Gare Luxemburg instead of Central.
Place du Luxemburg is a minute walk away from the station, and the Beer Factory is not bad.