Search

St Martin or Grenada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2024, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Martin or Grenada

I know they are quite different islands but for my upcoming 40th birthday my wife and I are planning to go to either St Martin or Grenada. We havent been to either island before and the $$ is not too much of a difference between the two. So if you HAD to choose where would you go?
We really like nice beaches and ability to do nothing for some days
Love to try and taste all kinds of food
Safety
We like to have fun and don't shut down after dinner but also don't stay out until 3 am

Not too picky honestly but can't decide! Any help would.be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If this matters, have been to Aruba, Barbados, Cayman Islands, USVI, mexico, and BVI. Barbados our favorite by far
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 08:16 AM

St. Martin/Sint Maarten has two distinct sides , each with different vibes. It's like visiting two different island. Grenada, on the other hand, has just one culture. St. Martin/Sint Maarten is smaller than Grenada - 34.6 sq. miles in area vs. 135 sq. miles for Grenada. Although Grenada has a higher population (126,000) than St. Martin (74,000) Grenada's density is only 825/ sq. mile vs. St. Martin's 2,194/ sq. mile. Because of the dual country affiliation St. Martin has more of a European feel while Grenada has an "Old World Caribbean" feel. St. Martin has many more dining options than Grenada - the local Tourist Board likes to say the island is the "Culinary Capital of the Caribbean". There's ore opportunity for night life on St. Martin, especially on the French side, but if you are not interested in that it can be easily avoided. IMO there are more and better beaches on St. Martin than Grenada but a beach lover will be happy on either island. Go to St. Martin if you are looking for an island with lots of different activities and a more busy vibe. Go to Grenada if you prefer a more laid back experience.
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 12:56 PM

Anguilla

Don’t rule out Anguilla. Amazing beaches and laid back island. Very comparable to Turks and Caicos and it’s just a short ferry ride from St Martin.
what resort or things made Barbados your favorite? I’m looking for other islands and considering Barbados at this point. Looking for great calm beach and a resort with some life to it (music!)
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BruceStacey
Don’t rule out Anguilla. Amazing beaches and laid back island. Very comparable to Turks and Caicos and it’s just a short ferry ride from St Martin.
what resort or things made Barbados your favorite? I’m looking for other islands and considering Barbados at this point. Looking for great calm beach and a resort with some life to it (music!)
Sorry for the very late reply but we went to Mango Bay in Barbados. So it is an all inclusive but it's definitely not what you think of for AI. We chose because the food had amazing reviews and it did not disappoint. It's a hop.and a skip from downtown I think Holetown. Really cheap bars and restaurants around, as well as finer dining. Water is amazing , West side of island calm beaches. Awesome people and trust me you can chill or go out until the sun comes up (we did the first night). Anyway I would.highly suggest Barbados