Search

Paris Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel Help

hello all.

I have booked our trip to Europe this year... first time back since 2018. Flying from Melbourne Australia.
We will be in Paris 2nd October fo 6 nights...
I am so very stuck on finding a hotel in Paris, that will not break the bank.. my budget is 300-350 Euro's per night.
also, all the hotel rooms seem so tiny.

Hoping someone has any ideas on where we could stay that is not a shoe box. (and Yes, I know I can look at Booking.com, but I have done this 3 times and my eyes are going around in circles)

so many hotels... wondering if someone has a 'go to' hotel they always use.

thank you in advance.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 01:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
If you are expecting to find a large hotel room for a reasonable rate, you are sure to be disappointed.

You might want to look at Novotel Suites which are quite roomy, but all of their places in Paris are along the outer ring (to keep rates reasonable). You can also take a look at the apart-hotel chains like Adagio and Citadines if you need more room.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 01:07 PM

We stayed here years ago and it was charming and very well priced.
https://en.hoteldesgrandesecoles.com

I like the location of this hotel in the 3rd and prices are good. It’s next to a charming little plaza and the street it’s on is quiet.
https://hoteljeannedarc.com/en/?&trk...waAl4PEALw_wcB
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Racking my brain trying to remember a Parisian hotel I've stayed in with big rooms and not exorbitant. It's been ages, but Hotel du Danube's deluxe rooms are fairly spacious and it's reasonably priced.

Possibly not your style, but more recently I enjoyed staying at Hotel Jules et Jim. Great location, and they have a duplex that might suit you. Not sure about rates in October--my stay was in summertime. (I stayed in a Hi-Mac room that had the most amazing view of the rooftops of Paris, but would probably be too small for two people for six nights.)

Have stayed at other hotels I've loved, however most had small rooms! Or, as I like to think of them, cozy.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 06:36 PM

What is your preferred area of Paris - Right Bank, Left Bank, Marais, Monmartre? Being specific might help with suggestions.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 06:42 PM

Many years ago, many years ago, stayed a couple of times at Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the Marais. It has since been sold and refurbished. I was in Paris in November and stopped by as it held such good memories for us.

I always use booking.com but 99% of the time stay in apts as I usually travel for a month at a time. In April I was in Paris for just 4 days so stayed in Paris France Hotel in the 3rd. Wonderful place, 3 metro stops, 6 lines, lots of bus lines and a block from Enfants Rouges market.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Leely2
Racking my brain trying to remember a Parisian hotel I've stayed in with big rooms and not exorbitant. It's been ages, but Hotel du Danube's deluxe rooms are fairly spacious and it's reasonably priced.

Possibly not your style, but more recently I enjoyed staying at Hotel Jules et Jim. Great location, and they have a duplex that might suit you. Not sure about rates in October--my stay was in summertime. (I stayed in a Hi-Mac room that had the most amazing view of the rooftops of Paris, but would probably be too small for two people for six nights.)

Have stayed at other hotels I've loved, however most had small rooms! Or, as I like to think of them, cozy.
Looked into Jules and Jim when we were going to Paris last May. Ended up staying at Hotel National des Arts and Metiers but if we go back I’m going to check out your hotel.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 07:12 PM

Citadine Montmartre is what you want if you prioritize a large room. Available for your dates and budget. I have not stayed there.
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 08:59 PM

The last time we stayed in Paris, it was at the Hotel Excelsior Latin. I was surprised at the size of the room (happily surprised) as we've stayed in some shoe boxes too, in Paris and in London. We had a tiny kitchenette, just enough equipment to heat soup from the supermarket if we were too tired to go back out for dinner. The bathroom was new and also not tiny. It's near the Luxembourg RER station.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 08:41 AM

We like the Citadines Bastille Marais. It's a 10 minute walk from the Place des Vosges, a 69 bus stop is just across the street and it's near a couple of Metro stations. The rooms are larger than most Paris hotel rooms, the bathrooms are nice and there are tiny kitchenettes.

I've stayed in the Jeanne d'Arc twice. The first time in the winter and loved the hotel and the location. The second stay was in April and happened to coincide with an unseasonal heat wave with temperatures in the 80s. The hotel is not air conditioned and even though they provided us with fans, it was really uncomfortable. We were in France last October during a hot spell and I would not have wanted to be in a hotel without a/c.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

thank you all very much for your advice/suggestions. I am sure I will find the right place to stay.. but I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed with it.
Prior to Paris we will be in Vienna, Poland and London and they were easy to sort out.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by macdogmom
Looked into Jules and Jim when we were going to Paris last May. Ended up staying at Hotel National des Arts and Metiers but if we go back I’m going to check out your hotel.
macdogmom, I think you might like it. I chose to stay there for a solo visit of a few days when I had my dining card more or less filled out with restaurants nearby. I'll check out Hotel National des Arts and Metiers next time in Paris too. I like that area.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leely2
macdogmom, I think you might like it. I chose to stay there for a solo visit of a few days when I had my dining card more or less filled out with restaurants nearby. I'll check out Hotel National des Arts and Metiers next time in Paris too. I like that area.
We hadn’t stayed at a hotel in the Marais for awhile but this trip in May is was just the two of us (we’ve had kids and their spouses in other years) and we didn’t need an apartment so much, so I found a few hipster hotel spots and the place we stayed was picked for their rooftop terrace. I’ve seen all the sights many times so I mainly go for food and wandering about and popping into stores and my fave places for that is 3rd and 11th. Not sure if we’re going back next May but we’ll definitely stay again in the 3rd.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 06:54 PM

We went in October 2023 and stayed in the Citadines Baastille du Marais. Small roo with table and little kitchen (+ dishwasher). Not luxeriious but very handy. Great location, nice, very reasonable restaurants, metro 5 minutes away, safe. Market in front thursday and sunday. Would go back.
Paid then, $300 CAD per night
Have fun.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 09:21 PM

Another fan of the Hotel du Danube. It is a charming hotel located in the heart of St Germain. The Superior (middle) class of rooms is the best combo of style, size, and price.

Last edited by basingstoke2; Jan 3rd, 2024 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 08:06 AM

We liked the Hotel Atmospheres on rue des Ecoles in the Fifth. Many nearby restaurants and street markets, severl useful bus lines and convenient ( 2 blocks) to the Metro. Last visited 2019, but I think it will be in your price range.
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 10:18 AM

Another "many years ago" person, but we stayed at Hotel Ceramic. It was a 5-minute walk to the Etoile metro. We metro'ed everywhere on that trip. Do check their updated info:

https://ceramic-paris-hotel.com/en/

Please let everyone know where you go and how it works out.

Last edited by TDudette; Jan 4th, 2024 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

thank you very much everyone..

I have narrowed down to 2 hotels: Hotel Du Danube or Hotel Saint Christophe....
both are within my budget... although Hotel Du Danube is more expensive..

I know there is no perfect hotel. I will review again in another couple of months. If I book something cancellable, I can always change
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 05:29 AM

[QUOTE=millie2112;17522604]hello all.

I have booked our trip to Europe this year... first time back since 2018. Flying from Melbourne Australia.
We will be in Paris 2nd October fo 6 nights...

A little confused. Does this mean in the Paris 2nd Arrondissement for a total of 6 nights, or 2nd of October for 6 nights?
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 09:07 AM

The one below might work. I've seen most of the rooms in that hotel. How many square meters are you referring to as, "Big"?

https://www.hotelsaintpaulparis.com

Happy Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -