Search

Quebec to Niagara Falls in 6 days

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2023, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec to Niagara Falls in 6 days

Hello,

We are flying from Vancouver and want to see this part of Canada. We have limited time, so schedule looks packed and rushed, but I tried to make up some rough plan like this-

Tue - Reach Montreal in evening 9:00 PM. Take rental car and drive to Quebec City. Stay at Quebec City.
Wed - Day trip to Cape Tourmente, Montmorency Falls in first half. Rest of day in old Quebec City.
Thu - First half at old Quebec City (if we skipped some previous day), then drive to Montreal by evening. Stay in Montreal.
Fri - First half see Saint-Joseph's Oratory and Notre-Dame Basilica. After noon, leave for Thousand Islands. If time left, get one boat tour in evening. Stay in Kingston.
Sat - Leave Kingston, drive to Niagara Falls. Stay at Niagara Falls.
Sun - Stay at Niagara Falls.
Mon - Niagara Falls to Toronto, drop rental car and fly out at 6:45 PM.

I am looking for help to fix it, if something can be done to make it better. Please suggest.
This is third week of July. We are couple and good with long drives. Interests are photography, landscapes and architecture.

Thanks
Old Jun 26th, 2023, 01:46 PM

Hi bsparks,

This plan looks way too rushed to my eye and if it were me, I would cut something somewhere.

Do I understand correctly that you are due to arrive in Montreal at 9pm and then you have to rent a car and then you’re going to Quebec City? You would not arrive at the latter until 1am, best case scenario. I would stay in Montreal that night. If you don’t cut something, I’d suggest switching your order, doing your Montreal things first, then go to Quebec City and then drive to Kingston directly from Quebec City (or Gananoque would cut about 1/2 hour off your driving time from QC and is closer to the heart of the Thousand Islands if your priority is a boat ride rather than seeing Kingston).

Have fun whatever you decide! Daniel
Old Jun 26th, 2023, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daniel_Williams
Hi bsparks,

This plan looks way too rushed to my eye and if it were me, I would cut something somewhere.

Do I understand correctly that you are due to arrive in Montreal at 9pm and then you have to rent a car and then you’re going to Quebec City? You would not arrive at the latter until 1am, best case scenario. I would stay in Montreal that night. If you don’t cut something, I’d suggest switching your order, doing your Montreal things first, then go to Quebec City and then drive to Kingston directly from Quebec City (or Gananoque would cut about 1/2 hour off your driving time from QC and is closer to the heart of the Thousand Islands if your priority is a boat ride rather than seeing Kingston).

Have fun whatever you decide! Daniel
Thanks for advice. As you suggested, I made a small change. Will this make more sense, though two long days drive :
Tue - Reach Montreal in evening 9:00 PM. Stay in Montreal.
Wed - See Notre-Dame Basilica in first half (will skip Saint-Joseph's Oratory) and reach Quebec City by 4 PM. Evening in Old Quebec City.
Thu - Stay at Quebec City.
Fri - Quebec City to Gananoque or Kingston.
Sat - Gananoque/Kingston to Niagara Falls and stay.
Sun - Stay at Niagara Falls.
Mon - Niagara Falls to Toronto, drop rental car and fly out at 6:45 PM.

Old Jun 27th, 2023, 05:45 AM

Hi bsparks

I think your itinerary is doable to give you a small taste of each destination. As you say, there are 2 roughly six hour days of driving (Quebec-Kingston/Gan and Kingston/Gan-Niagara Falls), with potential snags in city traffic—some people don’t mind such road trips so hard to advise if that sounds ok or actually something you don’t really want to do. Look into the times of the Thousand Island cruises out of Kingston or Gananoque; my recommendation would be to do the cruise on the day you drive to Niagara Falls rather than the day you come from Quebec City just in case you get slowed down by Montreal area traffic.

Cheers, Daniel